Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Speedo and Rev Counter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pajeropah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Speedo and Rev Counter Reply with quote

I am now sure these items do not read correctly as when I turn on the ignition they both jump up. The speedo to between 5 and 10 mph and the rev counter to about 1000rpm. Anyone have any ideas or solutions for fixing?
I'm sure it's got something to do with when the speedo face was changed for the SVA!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me, I'd say that the needles haven't been put back on properly. They're supposed to be put on so they read zero with the IGN on. When you turn the IGN off they would then fall back and sit on the resting pin.
You can sort this yourself by removing the steering wheel cowling then the insturment panel (not many screws to undo). The needles can be removed very carefully using a fork. Be gentle and ease them off otherwise you risk knackering the speedo and tacho.
Then, with the IGN on replace them so they read zero.
Alternatively, and probably better, is go back to where you got it from and request they get it sorted. It may mean the dealer going back to the SVA preparation people but so be it. At least if they break anything they're responsible for paying to fix itm and not you.
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know pajeropah i split your posting re removal of the speedo and have put it in the tech faq http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=741 its read only but if you do the pics let me konow and ile add them in for you .

Marc 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: