4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

My Engine is Lossing water

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rommelmr

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 15:25    Post subject: My Engine is Lossing water Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

For 3 months I didn't have any problem with my 2.5TD SG Delica but not until 2 days ago. The engine temperature rises (overheated) and when I checked, the radiator tank was empty. There's no water. So I just filled it up with water and it goes back to normal. However, this morning, the engine temperature is still rising up and the engine is lossing water. I've checked for any leak but I didn't find any. Do you guys have any idea of what's happening with my engine. Thanks!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 15:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
There is known problem with the header tank on the radiator system failing - your symptoms sound similar.
Check this link out

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=281&highlight=header+tank

There are also threads on the same subject on the Delica forum over on the Australian/New Zealand site at

http://www.~.com

Hope this helps Smile
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the hose clips are prone to snapping. System holds water when cold due to the fit of the hoses but as pressure builds up, water is forced out.
Cheap to fix if it's that - like pennies for proper jubbly (jubilee) clip.
ichthus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happened with me, but in my case it was the water pump, and to replace it with a new one cost me almost £200.00 just for the part Evil or Very Mad . So if anyone knows where I can get the old one repaired please let me know. Question
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ichthus wrote:
The same thing happened with me, but in my case it was the water pump, and to replace it with a new one cost me almost £200.00 just for the part Evil or Very Mad . So if anyone knows where I can get the old one repaired please let me know. Question

Hi Matey welcome to the club :D
Who the hell charged you near £200 for a waterpump? milners do them for the L300 at £38.25 and the L400 for £52.50 Shocked so i take it must have been a main dealer price :? if you look at milners web site they list a lot of parts for the delicas, http://www.milneroffroad.com/Delica.htm hope that helps atb

Marc 8)

ichthus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Marc, I only wish I had found this club a few weeks earlier, the web site you gave me will certainly be on my favorite list now. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: