4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ABS warning light.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:17    Post subject: ABS warning light. Reply with quote

My warning light is not working, checked fuses in car and engine compartment all seems fine and the ABS does work fine.
So before I pull the dash apart does anyone if there is anything else to check first also are the instrument light bulbs special mitsubishi or can you get them anywhere?
:?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dewy :D
By not working do you mean its not illuminating when you turn the ignition on to start and shortly after its started?
There is a fusible link on the + term of the battery for the ABS have you checked that?
Also have you definately got ABS fitted to your vehicle don't mean that to sound patronising but many with pajeros have been told they have ABS only to discover in fact they havnt! Shocked :D
If all fuses etc are fine then it could just be the bulb but theres also the possibility that someone removed the bulb because of a recurring fault with the ABS and no one noticed at sva/mot?a strong possibility as one other member found out here at pocuk http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10452 with a Delica,hope any of this helps you ....almost forgot havnt got a clue about the bulbs but main dealer would be best i think and there only a couple a quid for the packet anyway,all the best

Marc 8)

dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marc,
My fuseable link is marked IGN GLO and ALT so I did not check these.
There are fuses for ABS in the engine compartment which are okay so I assume I have ABS fitted and have stopped sharpish on loose gravel with little skidding.
Is ABS an option on super exceed models?
I will check the fuseable link anyway.
Cheers, Paul.
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
Abs is an option on all grades believe it or not ,its something that doesn't seem to be standard fitment even with the pajero range,now i havnt got ABS on mine but it stops on a sixpence and very little skidding also,the way to tell is to pop the bonnet and have a look at the master cylinder and servo area,if you have ABS you will have a nippon or similar unit attached with all the brake pipes going to it from the master cylinder,it will be in very close proximity to the brake servo.
I'm pretty sure there is a fusible link for the ABS and i thought it to be on the batt term but somewhere there is or should be one :D
the tell tale sign will be the master cylinder tho to confirm fitment, hth

Marc 8)

dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything with nippon written on it but there are two cylindrical black plastic things about 50mm long with electrical connections under the big fuse box on the drivers side wing which have brake lines coming from them off the master cylinder.
Nothing on the battery terminal marked ABS. :?
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
Not quite sure what the cylindrical things are they sound a lot like the vaccuum pots for the axles or the air inlet system,if ones coloured blue spots and ones coloured yellow i think,then they are for the axles,they do iirc connect onto what looks like brake lines but aren't in fact so.I'm pretty sure if there was an ABS controller there it would be quite prevalent under or next to the master cylinder,perhaps someone with ABS could photograph the controller and post it for us?hope that helps atb

If you look here at this pic its on a pajero but between the two white caps at the top left is the ABS controller hope that may help identify what your looking for

Marc 8)

dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Marc, there is definitetly nothing like that near the master cylinder on mine.
Looks like I don't have ABS then,
ah well thats one less thing to go wrong and worry about. :D
Thanks Marc.
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul :D
Certainly doesn't sound like you have ABS then,and believe me when it goes wrong it is blooming expensive i was qouted nearly a grand for wheel speed sensors and the G sensor on my paj when i had it,suffice to say there was a bit of trickery done to get it through the MOT Wink Wink and also sean (harryjallastars) at pocuk in that link had probs with his Delica that set him back a few hundred squids,having driven a paj with and without,i preferred the one without,and the Delica breaking system is better still imho,anyhoo enough of me prattling on all the best mate

Marc 8)

dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Marc, the renault scenic we have has ABS and they are not a patch on the Deli stoppers you seem to get a better feel of what the tyres are doing without ABS.
Or Perhaps the scenic brakes are just shagged. Laughing
Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:
Hi Paul :D
Certainly doesn't sound like you have ABS then,and believe me when it goes wrong it is blooming expensive i was qouted nearly a grand for wheel speed sensors and the G sensor on my paj when i had it,suffice to say there was a bit of trickery done to get it through the MOT Wink Wink ...

you might have to let me in on that secret, we already know that we'll have a problem come MOT time. although we've not had a chance to have it investigated yet, will have that done when we take it in for the air con fan motor replacement, seeing as it'll be in 100 pieces then anyway.. Rolling Eyes
Trev P

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dewy
You've probably got this sussed by now, but I was just blanking off my EGR valve and I remembered this thread. If you follow the brake lines from the master cylinder they run to what I assume is the ABS contoller which is underneath the air filter box. If this isn't the controller then I probably haven't got ABS either lol (although I do have the ABS light on the dash!)
Hope this helps.
petemillis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewy, what year is your Delica? Just wondered as newer ones usually have ABS on them.
Also, check this link http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10452&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=abs+Delica+gsensor&start=15
Sean had a problem with ABS light not working and the fault odes traced it to a faulty G-sensor. He provides pics linked in his posts which show where the G sensro is. If you follow that and you find a G sensor then you do have ABS.
I'd get it checked on the Mitsu MUTTS tester.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: