4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ABS controller location and removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 18:01    Post subject: ABS controller location and removal Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Am I right in thinking the ABS control unit is behind the instrument panel/dashboard? If not, where is it and is there a 'how to' for accessing and removing it? I can't find much info. I'd hate to start dismantling in the wrong place. It's a PD6W but I expect the ABS unit is in the same place for all L400 (?)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 18:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The central, floor level, cover, called the computer cover has the ABS ECU on the top.

To remove the cover push in the centre part of the plastic clips, two on each side.
The outer part ewill go loose so you can pull it out.

Before replacing push the pin right through, then place the outer part in, then the locking pin.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! Thanks Lewis.
RobH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to replacing the ABS computer, removed the centre floor cover and.....there's no ABS computer there (?!).

There is a squat looking unit installed in the metal bracket, which I think may be the SRS controller, but nothing resembling the ABS ECU I was expecting. I've pulled the radio and surround off and taken the glove box out but can't see anything that looks like I'm expecting the ABS ECU to look like.

This is a PD6W, 3L V6 petrol 2002 Chamonix 7 seater. Does anyone know if the ABS ECU has an alternative location for some models??

I'm also having difficulty finding any reference to the ABS ECU on the epc-data website. Surely is should be in 'Brake' or 'chassis electrical'?

I've had a look at the 'Chassis - braking' manual for earlier models but this shows the unit where I'd expect it to be - where mine isn't

Any clues gratefully received...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shown in the chassis-electrical section; on the SRS Chassis bracket diagram:-
https://mitsubishi.epc-data.com/delica_space_gear/pd6w/nseue9/chassis-electrical/relay-flasher-sensor/693693,693694/

Onthe next section down, showingtheengine bay main fuse box, you will also see two ABS relays.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! Great, thanks Lewis. That confirms where it should be, but I'm baffled as to where it actually is! The SRS controller is present but there's just a space where the ABS ECU should be. It's simply not there, no harness either. Obviously I must have one somewhere as the ABS had been working until a couple of months ago.

Totally baffled. I guess I'll have to find some wiring to follow back to source...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: