Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Recent experiences buying/ordering from Amayama?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 13:24    Post subject: Recent experiences buying/ordering from Amayama? Reply with quote

Hi all

Who has recent experience buying/ordering parts from Amayama?
I've known about the website for a while but have never actually used it to order from.
I've seen mentions on the US forum saying it all seemed fine but keen to know if anyone here has any feedback?

I'm considering ordering quite a lot of the P/S piping system from them - the local Mitsi dealership remains closed including for parts collections.

Thanks
Jeroen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 13:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some headlight bulb adapters from them.

A proper part which I found out was missing from mine after a year of ownership.
When a headlight bulb went, I investigated and found that the bulb connectors had been bent in to allow them to connect to the plug. There should have been an adapter in between.  Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I ordered a pair, and after a couple of days, the order was cancelled and refunded, but a message to reorder!?
I did, and received the parts in around two and a half weeks, all okay.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years back I placed an order with them and authorised payment from a visa card, for a sliding door top bracket, which was advertised as in stock.

Unfortunately the bracket has a pressed on bearing, with an unusual shape, so the whole bracket needs to be replaced.

I got an email saying it was being shipped. 30 days later another email stated there was an error and they could not source the part.  When the refund came through it was less than I had paid, due to the difference in value of the currencies and the added fees for changing £'s to Yen's.

I for one will not order from them again.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jejoenje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'll mull it over.
My strong preference would be to order via Mitsi (saves on the postage hassle if nothing else!), and just before various lockdowns I was about to - just not sure how much longer I want to wait.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz-tralia is a land of Delicas (and any other Japanese 4x4 you care to mention!) With Japan a close neighbour and trading partner and a favourable climate (what is rust?) it's pretty much Delica heaven, compared to this side of the globe!
Meadatron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some fuel system parts last year. Delica stack pipe and filter assembly, etc. All arrived safely and in perfect condition.

I placed the order 04/10/20 and they arrived 19/10/20. The UK parcel company wouldn't deliver them until I paid the import duty.

But it was a smooth transaction with no issues at any point - I'd use them again (if I had to, those shipping costs are a bitch!)

Part was  - £127
Shipping  - £27 (they didn't weigh much)
Duty       - £38

So total £192 for a £127 part.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful to know, Meadatron - thank you.

Currently leaning back towards just ringing Mitsi, provided restrictions mean I could collect from them soon. I'll report back.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local Mitsu dealer :-

Harratts, Mitsubishi, just off junction 38 of the M1, will post parts out, adding the postal charges and VAT to the invoice.  Smile

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, that's very good to know indeed Lewis - thank you. If the place in Stirling complains (it's an Arnold Clark now, although individuals there have been helpful in the past) I may just have to give Harratts a bell! Smile
Andy W

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junction 39 eh Lewis?
I was up there working for a local engineering company doing engineering repairs for the pits, opencast and farmers until Maggie finally done me overseas for many years!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!  It's definitely Jctn 38, the Bretton Sculpture Park turn off, Prior to the Wooley Edge services.  Junction 30 is further south and is a very long winded route  to take.

We used to have our Yorkshire Area MDOCUK meetings there, at the (now demolished) Post Office Pub.

ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like the two geriatric golfers:

Golfer 1: (As he slices his ball into the rough) "Windy, isn't it?"

Golfer 2: "I thought it was Thursday?"

Golfer 1: "So am I, let's go and get a drink!"
Very Happy
Andy W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all I've got to talk about now😂
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably drink in Wendy’s Club, on Fairday’s.

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: