4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

New springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phluke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:58    Post subject: New springs Reply with quote

Started to notice the rear suspension is not what it was, tending to bottom out a bit unless I'm really careful over speed bumps, and when a friend of mine commented on how it looked a bit lower than it did before, thought I'd better have a look.

Measured from centre of hub to wheel arch and looks like she's sagging a bit!

Front n/s 500mm o/s 500mm
Rear n/s 475mm o/s 490mm

I've been jacking her up a bit recently for various works and my Jack doesn't exactly let down smoothly! I wonder if that's taken it's toll.

Anyway I think it's high time I got some new springs, so first question is, having read previous posts, is member andyj still making springs? He seems to be the go-to man. I'm not after major lift, just back to normal would be nice!

Secondly, i suspect the rear shocks (at least) should be replaced, they look a little tired and appear to be the original mitsi ones with actuators at the top (will take some pics later) but it appears that the front shocks have been replaced at some point. No obvious wiring or actuators coming from the top which would explain my flashing sport light. Possible all the gubbins for the front actuators may have been ripped out so the question of whether to restore ECS function may prove to be costly and probably not viable.

Any recommendations on non mitsi shock replacements (if I decided to go that route)? heard a lot about ironman ones but not something I've ever got involved with before.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

peter_rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:48    Post subject: Re: New springs Reply with quote

not sure but when lifting other offroaders out of the suspension and springs get dislocated it might get a bit of tilt but sagging and bottoming out should not come from that
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 20:18    Post subject: Re: New springs Reply with quote

phluke wrote:
I've been jacking her up a bit recently for various works and my Jack doesn't exactly let down smoothly!
I wonder if that's taken it's toll.Thanks

The bumps and shocks when driving, FAR exceed the relatively gentle drop when releasing your jack.

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: