Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Proof of age

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickeyw92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Proof of age Reply with quote

Hi guys, hoping you can help

I have a 1975 mistubishi Delica t120 van which I'm having trouble getting registered with the DVLA. We are stumbling with the proof of the vehicles age.

Any suggestions on what i can use for proof? The vehicle has been imported from malta. I'm tearing my hair out, i Can't even find a chassis tag with the vin number on!

Please help. Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this, but my suggestions would be either on top of the wheelarch just inside the door, or on the front of the engine hump/wheelarch between the driver's legs. Just looked on Wikipedia, and the article ( in German) seems to list the T120ss series 1 as being produced from1979. Question is, was there a T120 made before without the ss tag? From Malta, - rust should not be an issue, but how is the suspension? With their roads, I would expect it has been repaired several times!
Mickeyw92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply.. i think I'm going to have to look under the carpets etc, i Can't find a chassis tag anywhere. They started making cars/vans under the  Delica name in 1969, this one isn't a the t120ss
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

On mine the VIN plate is under a small flap cut into the (original) carpet behind the driver's legs. The body is also stamped with the type and serial number under a small plastic trim piece on the wheelarch/floor next to the driver's seat. If your carpet isn't original, it may not have the flap(s) cut.
skiorsail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin numbers aren't standardised in pre 1981 cars and each car maker used their own system of   chassis numbers . on some vehicles they fell off or were removed when stolen leaving the vehicle untraceable as the pop riveted plate was the only place the number was stamped. I wonder if the dvla would accept an engineer's report giving the year of manufacture,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: