Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

How do I change my username?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 20:28    Post subject: How do I change my username? Reply with quote

Hi all, I hope someone can help. I've been a member for a couple of years now, and got fed up of my username,  as my wife has no interest in my truck until it's time for holidays, or a camping trip somewhere.  I hope some one can help

Working on it!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but I'm sure admin will soon be here to help  Laughing

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to change mine to but not sure what to? I bet a few can think of something!  
I'm pretty sure you have to start fresh again? It's a shame you can't have (new name) formally known as.....
Which would show for a year or so.  
Hope your Mrs not reading this Smile
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not!! If she ever asks and I tell her, she just thinks I'm looking up more mods! I agree with your extra suggestions too. As Buzr said, hopefully admin will arrive to the rescue!

Working on it!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change your user name.

Thre will be multiple other threads linked to it that you have posted in that can get mucked up. More so if people have quoted a post and replied to it, so replies won't match the name.

What you can do though is re-register with a new one, and then in your signature add ( AKA: andy/lucyburn )

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lewis :D . As always, praise be given to the knowledge gods!! I see your point , and may I say, very well said. Thank you.  Hope all is well with you.

Working on it!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have now discarded the NHS crutches and just using one walking stick when required. But still taking the pain relief tabs, otherwise I woukd still be housebound.  Smile

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's brilliant news mate!! :D  that's got to make you feel better, just losing the crutches hasn't it? Have you managed to make a trip out in the new Deli since your body went to pot ? That would be a good step forward. Well, I reckon that would be my target if I was unfortunate enough to be in your position. I've sometimes had my head up my backside and been stuck inside, I hate it with a passion. I'm really happy for you Lewis.

Working on it!!
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Lewis,  come to think of it, until I ever I get to your position I can't actually say what I would do or feel. Since the first gulf war, and the notion of PTSD was bounced around, I used to say it was for squaddies with weak minds. What an idiot. Needless to say my mind has changed since then!!

Working on it!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember much more than the pain I was in for the first four weeks after the accident; and not much more of the next month after that. Apart from having a good 'ex army' mate coming to check on me and do some grocery shopping. it must have been eight weeks before I had a visitor or got a day out of the house and that was only due to the same friend taking me to my Dads funeral.

If I hadn't got broadband so I could get on here, when I was awake long enough to do so  Crying or Very sad , or email other friends, I reckon I would have gone doolally.  Err perhaps that should be ' more doolalley than I normally am.'   Laughing

As for PTSD there are a lot of veterans, who served back in WW2 and Korea, that are just now starting to be recognised as having PTSD. They have had miserable experiences and a lack of care since they were demobbed. Fortunately now it is getting easier to have ex service personnel diagnosed and into recovery and support programs to help them.

By the way I don't know if you have heard but the government have just changed the pension income of a lot of soldiers wives/ spouses/ partners. Those who went overseas with them on postings and couldn't get jobs lost out on being able to get National Insurance credit towards pensions. The government has now decided to give full credits to them, backdated to 1975, as part of the Armed Forces Covenant. :D

ルイス
Andy Burn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't begin to imagine how much pain you were in , that must have been the longest couple of months of your life you had ever experienced,  and as if that wasn't enough, life throws you another curve ball just to make you feel even more miserable. I'm properly glad you're through it or the worst of it at least. You certainly come across as chirpy anyway.
I can vouch for other ex army veterans, ptsd came up and bit me on the backside and left me a quivering mess. Then kept coming back at night while asleep, in the day, whilst speaking to others, while driving, then almost all the time. I ended up being locked up in a mental hospital twice because no one could contain me! Only alcohol seemed to work and let me sleep for a few hours. Jeez. Still, on the bright side, the tabs keep me relatively normal now.  Laughing
I'll have to look into the forces covenant, I've heard of it in the past. Glad they've done something about it and pensions in particular now.
I'm glad I've got my Deli now to keep me occupied!   Smile

Working on it!!
profpriv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis.

Not sure what happened to you but hope you feel better soon.

Shaun aka Profpriv
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I fractured my lower pelvis and right hip socket back in January  Evil or Very Mad , which was slightly complicated by me already having a trapped nerve in my lumbar area, that the surgeon is reluctant to operate on.   Sad Evil or Very Mad

Fairly mobile and pain free now though.  :D

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: