Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Central locking upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
profpriv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 19:28    Post subject: Central locking upgrade Reply with quote

As I am currently looking to upgrade my 1998 2.0 L  panel van with power windows, I thought I would take the opportunity to upgrade Mitsubishi's attempt at Central Locking, which works like this:

No central locking at all on front doors, while the rear doors and tailgate operate with the swich under the dash, or completely independently with the key.

Is there a way of adapting the rear doors system from just the internal switch to a system where all three doors are operated from one door by key ,or better still using a remote fob??

Shaun (and yes there are two side loading doors on a panel van) L300.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 19:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of messing with mine I decided to just buy the complete kit from right click and replace the whole lot including actuators. This kit cost the pricely sum of under £30 ! I found that I only needed to replace the front drivers and passenger door actuator and the existing ones in the sliding door and boot worked by just swapping the wires from the right click kit to them. Bonus  Smile  

It’s a bit of a fiddle with putting the new wires through the doors but not impossible by any means.  - If your clever - you can use the original wires to save a bit of hassle

I’ll try and find a picture or two if you need

The kit comes with two fobs also which work from along way away

The actuators look cheap but work well and have done so now for quite a while
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - if you only want certain doors to open or not open then wire or don't wire accordingly - from memory the kit I bought was very simple and the slave actuators only have two wires to each
RobX
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

L400, but hopefully of some little use: http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45765
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is new actuator in Drivers door - Not sure about fitting In L300 ? but there has to be some room somewhere...

I Can't remember exactly what was wrong with mine but the doors would always unlock and when trying to lock from the internal switch  - the internal lock buttons would sometimes tremble, on a good day.

Did some research on mitzi actuators and would be better to go bankrupt so put these in instead, Just needed to rivet ally plate to door intermal to fit - Top tip - Keep the rod from the actuator as short and straight as poss and I did have a few attempts as on the 1st go the auto window mech caught the back of 1 of the rivets but all smooth now. they seem powerful now and sounds like a guns gone off if you lock from inside !!

Stuntman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same kit a lot of mx5 owners buy, it's a cracking deal
profpriv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Interesting reading.

Shaun
profpriv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally cracked this during lockdown!!

Its now great to have my rear loading doors opening remotely, although after 20 years of key use I still forget.

Al I need now is the sliding doors to close slowly like the Merc people carrier!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: