4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Fitted my new unit, some advice on the wiring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noirenex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Fitted my new unit, some advice on the wiring? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I fitted my new unit today, after some head scratching i've got it working, seems the person who installed the previous cheapo unit had some fun with the wiring, the only issue really is it seems the red wire (Should be ignition switched) isn't ignition switched, which means my radio doesn't turn off when the ignition goes off. I can turn the unit off anyway but I did notice that while tethered to it with my phone, if I get a call it turns itself on. Which suggests it is still sapping power while in its "Off" state. I assume this is to do with the ignition wiring, so, where is the ignition wire switch supposed to come from?

I also cracked my already broken centre console/dash while removing the old one, fleabay for a new one? If not I can always glue it back and smooth it over I guess but if I can source a new one I might be a bit happier to get creative with some of the placements

Starter motor failure! - 2013-07-20
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check this post above: http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19643

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I mentioned the previous owner being a bit creative, looks like he manually wired up the radio ISO block so I don't have the original loom/connector....

Just a mass of wires with electrical tape and shrink wrapping... It's a nightmare.

What I wanted to know is where the ignition comes from, is it red as well? How might I test to find out which wire is which, or specifically, which is the ignition?

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't got a clue but had a poke around on the forum and found this dunno if its any help.

Description          ISO Colour           Mitsi Colour (all have silver pips)
Ground                Black                   Black
Battery                Yellow                  Red and Black
Ignition                Red                     Blue
Dimmer               Orange                Green and White
Rear Right +        Purple                  Grey and Red
Rear Right -         Purple and Black   Yellow and Red
Rear Left +          Green                   Grey and Blue
Rear Left -           Green and Black    Yellow and Blue
Front Right +        Grey                     White and Red
Front Right -         Grey and Black     Black and Red
Front Left +         White                    White and Blue
Front Left -          White and Black     Black and Blue
As to the dash surround try your dealer first some of those on the bay cost more.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
noirenex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

£129 for that bit of plastic! Pff! Had a check, I guess I'll just fix the existing one up and that will do As for the wiring, I assume one of those wires in the back bit are the ignition one, I'll just have to work out which.

I assume if I run a multimeter from ground and to the wires, I can work out which is which

blippi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some times ull find swapping the red an yellow wires (live and ignition) from the stereo over solves the problem I haven't done this on a Delica before but found it to be the case when fitting in the past to other cars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem appears to be more grave than that, I chased the wires back, whoever wired it in took 12v from the back of the hazard light switch instead of ignition, numpty!

So next step I decided to look at the things that light up on ignition and noticed my clock comes on, I wonder if I might take the feed from that, though I doubt it's 12v...

I will have to consult the wiring diagram, if all else fails I'll run my own switch to turn it off properly

noirenex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted! Got my multimeter out and had a poke around, the clock wiring is indeed ignition and 12v, thanks Baz for the colours as I spotted the blue clock wire, was after a red one before that. Not wired the illumunation circuit up but ill sort that another time Smile well chuffed with the unit too!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: