4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

positioning a CB in a series 1 L400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illapulito

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:54    Post subject: positioning a CB in a series 1 L400 Reply with quote

As usual, lots of info on the site, thanks.

In this case I am with the Northants 4x4 response team - nationally see    http://www.4x4response.info

we have someone experienced who can supply and fit the kit (usually to discos and defenders - but not to date to a Delica)

so, before I go ahead, my question is very L400 specific (series 1 1994 LWB, bullbar, high / cristallite roof, auto)

based on members experience is there any particular consideration I/he should be aware of ?

e.g.
best place to put it
best location for the aerial (I have a high roof/cristallite LWB series 1 with bulbar)

and, also
what not to do !

... and anything I may not have thought of / considered (note: I've never had a CB system before, this is all new to me)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have it close, so it is easier to use the controls and don't use a roof mount for a solid pole antennae, which is liable to be ripped off by overhead obstacles.

My Midland is mounted in the dash, with an extension speaker below and the whip antennae is on the offside of the bullbar. Sometimes I use a base-loaded one, but mostly a centre load:-

I also have one mounted to the nearside. However that is not connected and is matched to the highest point on the Deli, which lets me know if I am too high to go under something, when offroad, before I hit it. It also doubles up as a spare.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mine attached to the front of a centre console and most of us who do Salisbury attach the arial on the bottom of the rear door as we spend a lot of time in the foliage but you don't "get out" very far in the hills see the very poor piccie below the mag mount is bottom right.
 Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: