Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

In Search of a Mechanic nr S/W London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomPaine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02    Post subject: In Search of a Mechanic nr S/W London Reply with quote

1996 Space Gear 2.8 TD Chamonix

I want to ask about the familiar ‘whooshing’ sound which everyone seems to agree is most likely to be a seized waste gate actuator.  I’ve got a brilliant little garage near me where the guy has looked after all my eccentric vehicles with skill and determination.  I’m finding he really doesn’t seem comfortable with the Delica.  Usually I wouldn’t touch taking bits off a car by myself, so rather than chance making a muck-up of removing the cover on the waste gate and doing my own soaking with WD40 and freeing the actuator, I asked him to do it for me.  He took the car in and then later reported he couldn’t get the car to make the noise, didn’t think it was the actuator, and so hadn’t taken the cover off.  I suspect he doesn’t like me turning up with advice from a forum, isn’t familiar with the vehicle, and was being oddly resistant to doing the job.  As a result, I’ve lost confidence in his ability/willingness to deal properly with this car.  I’d be very keen to hear from anyone who knows of a mechanic or garage I the SW London/North Surrey area who seems willing and able to work on this car.  Is there any benefit in going to a Mitsubishi dealership?  At the risk of being tedious, I’ll copy this to another posting on the site.

(Moved from Technical to General non-technical Section. Duplicated section on other post removed to save people double posting! Moderator)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearest Mitsi men i know are spanners in Worthing i use him for everything and mark3 in Rainham who other people have used for seals.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
TomPaine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Spanners in Worthing Reply with quote

I reckon I've saved up enough jobs to make it worth the trip to Worthing.  I've taken your advice and searched for 'spanners' on this site, but can't seem to find a way of contacting him.  Do you know of a way of getting in touch?  Thank you for your time and goodwill.
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the iPhone so i hope it works i have put a link below from a previous post he replied to and you can find all the links for him on it
Bazza
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35165

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
metung

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, late reply but if you're still looking, I recommend Martin Howcroft at DRA Services in South Croydon. A good bloke who knows his stuff. He's usually surrounded by Pajeros, and I've often seen Delicas and Bongos there. I've been very pleased with his work and helpful advice for quite a few years now. Just got my Deli back 2 days ago with new mot and repaired manifold studs.
Tel. 0208-760-0560 / Mob. 07870-604342.
Unit 11 Avon Path, off Brighton Road, S. Croydon. (usefully close to the bus garage, if you like buses....

I said it's a nice sunny morning, I'll walk up to the main road to catch the 405..
it was just pulling away, so I said no matter it is sunny I'll wait for the next..
driver said get off at swan and sugarloaf (wotisthat?) and walk back..
lady on bus said nah, get off at coulsdon get the 60 stops at the bus garage, okay thanks I will..
but the next number 60 driver said I should have stayed on the 405..
it would only have been a short walk and he would have to charge me another twotwenty..
so I said no matter it's sunny I'll just get right back on the next 405..
and the next 405 driver said nah, it was too far to walk what you want is a number 60..
and my first ticket was no good since I'd got off, it would still be another twotwenty..
so I said no matter it's sunny I'll just get the next number 60 after all..which I did..
and we came to the bus garage and I got up and stood by the door..
my head now so saturated with different buses I forgot to press the bell button..
so I got off nearly at swan and sugarloaf after all and swore..
.. but no matter it's a nice sunny afternoon I'll walk..
TomPaine

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that.  I do use Spanners now, who is incredibly good.  But there are inevitably some things that mean Worthing feels like a long way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: