4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Diesel Pump Seal Ebay Sellers???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatmadden

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Diesel Pump Seal Ebay Sellers??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the dreaded 'Delica cold' as I now refer to it...... Starts fine, coughs and splutters and cuts out after a few hundred meters then starts again after much coaxing and smoke.....

It seems as though it is the diesel pump seals and I have seen lots of threads on here about them but I wonder if those magic fix ebay sellers that say they can fit them in 2 hours and you can do it home with just an egg slicer and an electric whisk are telling the truth?

Anyone have any experience with them or can someone advise on a decent garage in the Bristol area???

Thanks

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanners on here did mine in around 3 hours including stops for tea, he is in Worthing which is a bit of a drive for you but he does it at a very good rate for club members and the price includes the seal. Whatever way you go make sure you get a proper Zexel seal.

Regards

Chris
whatmadden

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the help.

How do I get in touch with Spanners? I am not yet capable of Private Messages or web links! Shocked

Dave
Muz

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine done by a guy from Lymington that advertises on fleaBay, his mechanic did mine in around 2 hours for £185.
Spanners is cheaper AND a MDOCUK member so I would recommend you get him to do it  8-)

Reply to this post in case he can't do it and you want this guy's details, though Lymington is not much nearer to you than Worthing  Rolling Eyes

PS. two more posts and you should be able to PM Spanners
whatmadden

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Muz!

Could you PM me the lymington person please? Distance is not a biggy for me if it gets it done properly AND at a good price!

thanks for your help.

Dave
whatmadden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Got the contact details now..... Worthing may actually be a just a 'touch' far... Don't know why I was thinking about Woking!!!!

Anyone got any comments about what else I should get looked at whilst she is in bits?

Cheers for your help!

Dave :D
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatmadden wrote:
Thanks!

Got the contact details now..... Worthing may actually be a just a 'touch' far... Don't know why I was thinking about Woking!!!!

Anyone got any comments about what else I should get looked at whilst she is in bits?

Cheers for your help!

Dave :D

Timing chain
Front Pulley
EGR blanked off/removed  Question

Deker.
Muz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Whatmadden, sorry for the late reply.

The guy in lymington lists stuff on fleaBay as moc-tod-yabe here: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/moc-tod-yabe/
PM me if you want his mobile number (or it's on his evilbay page)

As Deker says, while you've got the batteries,radiator, fuelpump etc. out get the mechanic to have a look at the crankshaft pulley and belts, water pump,
maybe the radiator header/expansion tank too (careful though Shocked  )

HTH
Steve

Last edited by Muz on Tue Aug 24, 2010 17:30; edited 1 time in total
mr101

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who out there has had theres done by the guy in lymington??
SIIa Lt/wt (1969)
Suzuki Vitara (1996) Madams everyday car
Fc101gs (1975) for real off roading and recovering Japanese 4x4`s that try to follow me.
Range Rover L322 4.4 V8 Vogue (petrol)
Ronnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought parts off Moc-Tod-Yabe, and they were all good. But I haven't bought mechanical services from him. Get a good buzz from the whole outfit though, worth a go I reckon if you're not prepared to do it yourself
Muz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mr101

Me (stating the obvious Smile ).

Turned up at the guy's house, his mechanic turned up about half an hour later - intercooler rad out, batteries out, main rad and fan out, disconnect injector fuel feeds, pump out and new seal in. All back together and running in 2 1/2 hours. No problems since.
The mechanic did say the job was fairly easy, the most difficult part being actually seeing the mark on the pump gear to get it alligned when reassembling.

I would still use Spanners on here though if I had to do it again - Worthing is nearer, he's cheaper and he's a MDOCUK member Smile

HTH
Steve
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i don't think he takes the rad out, no, i'm pretty sure he didn't.. Top bloke is Spanners, makes a cracking cup of tea..

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
mr101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 21:04    Post subject: moc-tod-yabe Reply with quote

Had my Delica done by this guy,  the gut feeling when i saw the place  was that i should have just driven away.
And i was right his mechanic is a messy person who didn`t put cables and pipes back where they came from, he stuck ball bearing in actuator pipe that increases revs for air con because "he " didn't think it should do that, also told me i have sticking brakes which is damn clever considering he never drove it anywhere ( i checked speedo readings) and to top it all i now have a Delica that does 17mpg since being done. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
hoping i have now cured the MPG problem it does help if injector pipes are  seated down properly and done up tight
SIIa Lt/wt (1969)
Fc101gs (1975) for real off roading and recovering Japanese 4x4`s that try to follow me.
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 21:17    Post subject: Re: moc-tod-yabe Reply with quote

mr101 wrote:
Had my Delica done by this guy,  the gut feeling when i saw the place  was that i should have just driven away.
And i was right his mechanic is a messy person who didn`t put cables and pipes back where they came from, he stuck ball bearing in actuator pipe that increases revs for air con because "he " didn't think it should do that, also told me i have sticking brakes which is damn clever considering he never drove it anywhere ( i checked speedo readings) and to top it all i now have a Delica that does 17mpg since being done. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
hoping i have now cured the MPG problem it does help if injector pipes are  seated down properly and done up tight

There are quite a few Deli's that have poorer fuel consumption after doing the pump seal. :?
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
mr101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking it could be time to go back to a Range Rover even they do low 20`s  to the gallon and you get a V8 as well  :D  :D
SIIa Lt/wt (1969)
Ronnie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr101 wrote:
Thinking it could be time to go back to a Range Rover even they do low 20`s  to the gallon and you get a V8 as well  :D  :D

Yeah, but they rot - and you don't actually have any more space inside than you'd find in a family estate
2+4children
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:33    Post subject: Dreaded starting problem Reply with quote

I too have the dreaded starting problem again, i live in Stratford upon avon, and with the wedding in 6 weeks can't afford £600 anyone know of someone who can help, as it really is stressful trying to take the kids to school and it cutting out???????
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say again it could possibly be the fuel filter if you have changed it recently i use spanners in Worthing for anything i can't do(ie everything) but its a bit far away for you although the £145 he charges for a fuel seal change may make it worthwhile.
Bazza   :D

mr101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie wrote:
mr101 wrote:

Yeah, but they rot - and you don't actually have any more space inside than you'd find in a family estate

but having already owned 5 of them, they go better they are far superior off road (having trialed both range rover and Delica) Its easier to find one with a manual gearbox and like before there is nothing to compare to the sound that a well tuned V8 makes, and the insurance is cheaper.  yeah talked myself into it again anyone want to buy a Delica ? Quite unique got full  genuine body kit with front and rear spoilers wheel arches etc :D  :D ah yeah and a rear ladder that goes to nowhere ! never understood that bit  :?  :?
SIIa Lt/wt (1969)
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr101 wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
mr101 wrote:

but having already owned 5 of them, they go better they are far superior off road (having trialed both range rover and Delica) Its easier to find one with a manual gearbox and like before there is nothing to compare to the sound that a well tuned V8 makes, and the insurance is cheaper.  yeah talked myself into it again anyone want to buy a Delica ? Quite unique got full  genuine body kit with front and rear spoilers wheel arches etc :D  :D ah yeah and a rear ladder that goes to nowhere ! never understood that bit  :?  :?

Depends what you want the vehicle for i want one i can sleep in go offroad in and seat peple in comfort and i can't afford a Pinzgauer.
Bazza :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: