4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

little topic for all you Deli tuggers what MPG towing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
octo0072000
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 21:05    Post subject: little topic for all you Deli tuggers what MPG towing Reply with quote

ittle topic  for you all now that i am a Deli nut

to all of you that are tuggers and tow caravans
what is the differance in mpg towing or not towing  
with the 406 pug  it would nock 20mpg off or 25 with a head wind
with the estima i noticed between not much differanse to up to 5/8 mpg in a head wind
so come on all you tuggers what's the worst mpg and what size van and does anyone have any problems with tha van on or do you have to keep checking it's there as it makes no differance  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

notty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have an L300 which weighs in at approx 2.7 ton laden with all luggage and all the family and top box full with deckchairs, windbreaks etc. I tow a laden caravan approx 1.2 ton in weight so close on 4 tonne in total.

I travel to Goodrington(Torquay) regularly and use £30 worth of diesel with the caravan attached.

I used to do it for £25 without the caravan in tow but still a 500 litre topbox on top and chunky tyres.

So its costing me an axtra £5 to get to Torqauy with the caravan.

The journey is 120 miles near as darnit.

I can't do the maths but I travel at 5omph on motorways and it takes 3 hours with a stop for a pee
Dochie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tow a 21 foot caravan and have been to south of England a few times.

I reckon I get about 18mpg but I have stopped working it out as it's too depressing
LITTLEKENGRIFF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dochie wrote:
I tow a 21 foot caravan and have been to south of England a few times.

I reckon I get about 18mpg but I have stopped working it out as it's too depressing

:D  :D  :D  :D
i must admit i'm doing the same but i haven't really notice that musch of a difference as on motorway 75ish i get 24ish mpg
towing at nomore than 60 i get about the same so not to bothered as i save money on hotel/cottage/travel lodge accom and big plus is i can stop in places i wouldn't normally be able to and have a lot more comfort than kipping in back of Deli which i will still do if i'm on my todd
octo0072000
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:22    Post subject: mpg towing Reply with quote

well thats not too bad  as the peugeot 406 hdi  i could get 53mpg on motorway solo towing 1100cwt van dropped it down to 20mpg at worst best 26mpg going steady 60 motorways up A roads brid/ scarbourgh down to 20 going over staxton bank way so if i manage 20 with the van on thatall do me thanks all
jennysteve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tow a 24ft caravan from merseyside down to paignton devon and i use just over a full tank which aint that bad, thats pulling at a legal 60 mph. Laughing  Wink

MUSTAVIT ! AND JEN
Dave C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon I get about 15mpg towing 1500kg Indiana,get about 22 with a Galaxy but I don't get stuck on grass with the Deli Laughing
spannerman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get obout the same i did check the diferance when i got the car but both trips with and without caravan were about the same must be the way i drive with van on the back, a lot slower :D
nickbux

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tow our 1400KG on a regular basis with our L400 Auto. I try to take it at a steady 55 -60mph per the sat nav (65 - 70 on the speedo!) and reckon that on a steady run we prob get 23 / 24'ish per gallon. A couple of times I've tried and steady 60 - 65mph and MPG definitely drops, considerably in my view, so I generally try to take it easy.

Cheers

Nick
davep10000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
On a recent 150 mile run across the Pennines (A66) I got around 18 MPG towing a standard (1 tonne-ish) caravan.
This is not the best route for economy - lots of Hills, crosswinds and tried to maintain 55 - 60 mph all the way.

Standard L400 2.8 Auto.

Solo I get up to 29 MPG  (very pleasing)  on a long run (70 on motorways, 60 on A roads).
This drops to around 24 MPG on mixed everyday short distance driving.

All figures corrected by GPS for speedo errors etc.

I guess this is probably a typical spread of figures, and compares well with my last TDi Discovery.
Cheers,
DP
jay.g

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tow a compass twin axe 21 foot fully ladened which is about 1750kgs to devon at 65 ish i get around 20 to the gallon but if the kids turn the air con on it drops to around 14mpg but i would not change it for the world. Mad
jay.g

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

i towed last year from worthing south cost to east mersea island essex for one night (the wifes idea) and at a steady 60 (not running late as usual) i don't now the correct milage but was about 137 miles each way and cost me £85 squid in diesel no air con mind you but 4 adults and two kids was a good run but very narrow roads to navigate on the island (look out dad tractor)! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: