4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 14:04    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

Just a thought that with Easter being just around the corner it might be time to come up with any ideas for a good venue and date for the Veterans of the Weston meet and any other yokels from round these here parts.

Probably be too cold for beach barbecues, anybody got any suggestions?

Cheers

IanJ
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 14:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mr H

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IanFJ,

Sounds like a great idea.

What about Westonbirt Arbouretum or maybe Minchenhampton common up near Nailsworth.

Not a huge amount of offroading to be had, but both have plenty of parking and in the case off Minchenhampton a good pub.

A winter barbeque could be good.

Very character building and an English tradition. (if we don't mind eating burgers with gloves).
BrianB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IanFj
What about the Cotswold Water Park near Cirencester there is plenty of parking & there are barbcues & picknic tables that you can book for various size parties, if there is any intrest i could find out some more details. There is also bike & canoe hire for any body feeling like a bit of exersize.

Brian
Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm up for a meet so long as there is no off-roading!!

we did have the first bristol meet in a pub, with facilities for the kids, it was a good meet, don't get me wrong, but it felt a bit stiff as the pub had provided us with a great big long table, so we all only managed to speak comfortably with a few people around us, more yapping continued in the breezy car-park after tho!

so, basic requirements: food!! (of course ;) ) and basic facilities/safety for the kids (and possibly dogs too if we are mad enough to be outdoors?) and we'll be there! Smile

and LOL at Mr H at the 'english tradition' of eating burgers with gloves hehe
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 19:06    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

The water park sounds good if there are picnic and BBQ facilities, depending on cost for use of the place. The other suggestion of the Westonbirt Arboretum would be good if we could find somewhere nearby to BBQ and stuff.

Update: costs look good, check out this link:

http://www.waterpark.org/countrybookings.html

Cheers

IanJ
BrianB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian
I will try and get some info regards prices for the water park asap and let you know

Brian
BrianB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian
I forgot to say it is Keynes Water Park is the actual lake i was thinking of.

Brian
john cook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

so wot r u lot suggesting. a day of yap and nosh sounds good to us.....(aargh another white one Shocked )
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian & all,

Astra (sorry - INDIGO!) & I had discussed the possibility of Ashton Court Estate just on the outskirts of Bristol.

As an alternative to WSM beach (due to the rather chillier climate) Ashton Court is fairly easy to get to from the motorway and has good facilities i.e. toilets & tearooms.

It also has LOTS of parking giving a good opportunity to get a nice line-up and keep the group together. You can have picnics and BBQ's as long as the BBQ is not directly on the grass and there are many MANY acres of lovely walks, good bike trails and lots of space to let the dogs run wild!! :D

One other benefit is the photo opportunity outside the Manor House! Imagine the setting - lovely picturesque manor house with a line of burly Deli's outside!!

I don't live too far from the place and would be happy to have a small convoy back to mine for a cuppa & warm-up afterwards if toes and fingers start to go green!! (the driveway can take about 6 Deli's and there's plenty more room out in the road!!)

I'm up for it - depending on dates! Wink

Cheers,

Bruce.

IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 15:47    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

Sounds good to me Bruce, even closer to home that Weston was. Maybe I can get a trophy for the LEAST distance travelled Shocked Shocked

So the two front runners appear to be:

* Ashton Court, main advatage being that entry is free. http://www.forestofavon.org.uk/ashtoncourt.html

* Cotswold Water Park, more activities, e.g. country park, watching people falling off wind surfers, etc. But fee for use of BBQ/picnic sites.

Let's get a date agreed and see if who wants to go and then go for majority decision.

Do we want to do it on Easter Bank Holiday weekend?

IanJ
Mr H

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce,

That souds good to me!

FREE to get in, and plenty of room for man and beast.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 16:13    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhh......... another cheapskate like me.

If it's free I'll take 10!
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:58    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

Any more for any more????

Long range weather forcasts seem to indicate it may be reasonably warm and dry for the last week of the month, so this could be a good start to the spring.

Only 6 of us showing interest so far.

Me
Mr. H (thanks Indigo)
Indigo
Brian B
John Cook
Bruce (aka Mystery Machine)
Indigo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, you forgot Mr H... is okay he'll forgive you.. oh no!! watch out!! he's coming behind you with a big stick.. RUNNNN!!!!! Laughing
BrianB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Court sounds favorite as the water park want £25 for barbi site (for up to 50 people) and I am not sure if there would be a parking fee on top, a bit expensive for just a few, there is another lake just five minutes drive from there with plenty of parking but the only facilties are loos & a small kid play area it is mainly a fishing lake & someware to have a nice walk.

Brian
1170cbx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 23:49    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

put us down for the meet at ashton court if thats where it's going to be and if so and you've got kids make sure you bring their bikes (helmets/gloves) and me and my 2 boys will show you some of the tracks that are good fun on a bike their's some wicked hills you can come down on a bike not for the faint hearted if it is to be here and people are bring bikes then i'll bring up a load of spare tyres and tubes and pump etc so that everybody has a good day will even check the bikes if you like to make sure their upto the down hill bits as you can get upto 30+mph down some of the hills there's a few jumps as well. may as well bring a football and as it's easter how about an easter egg hunt for the kids plenty of wood land to loose them in. i have five kids and we use ashton court a lot for the kids.it is a cheap day out. anyway just my to pennies worth don't really care were it's held or what we do really. Laughing
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:58    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

Okay,

What day would be the best for the meet?

Lets have a vote and get this rolling!

IanJ
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another suggestion...
I've asked if we could hold a meet at the Cotwolds Hoburne caravan Park nr South Cerney.(Owned by the company I work for). The Easter weekend is out due to being fully booked etc. But the following weekend(s) (The 1st and 2nd weekends in April?) should be okay.
I have managed to obtain a good discount on usual terms if anyone wants to caravan over the Sat night. I said we would want a corner of a field where we could set up a BBQ etc and generally gather a group around.
Also we would have the use of some of the amenities such as kiddy play area and swimming pool and also the Bar. These facilities would be free (Probably because they hope we would use the Bar and Food facilities!) I would need to have names and definate commitments to enable me to book us in and get club passes to use the facilities etc.
I will look further into this and post more details if it appeals to anyone Wink Feel free to ask questions about facilities etc, and I'll try and get an answer ASAP.
Exclamation Please note this is an (Private) arrangment between myself and the Club manager and all arrangments will have to go thro myself and him.
Exclamation Please do NOT contact them directly with regard to this post.
Out to you...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can't do the first weekend in april as the kids have a taekwondo grading, and it's also my middle ones' birthday! other than that tho, we're easy... oooh errr missus! Rolling Eyes
IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:57    Post subject: Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew Reply with quote

We can't make weekend after Easter either, will be getting ready for going on holiday the week after. I would be happy with any day over the Bank Holiday weekend @ Ashton Court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: