4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wheels!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_g

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 17:46    Post subject: Wheels! Reply with quote

Does anyone know if L300 wheels are the same size, fitment and offset as L400 wheels?

Is there any other vehicle that has wheels (wider than 6") that will fit?

Doesanyone know the best place to get some decent alloys?

I feel a spending spree coming on! Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 17:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, Formula 4x4 can supply wheels and tyres. They only have a couple that will fit without modification due to the width. These are the Ranger and something else. L300 and L400 are same fitment IIRC, wheels from Pajeros and Shoguns and Vauxhall Frontera and plenty more will fit. The problem is that the Delica is quite narrow comapred with the Pajero and so wider wheels stick out a long way. I tried a set of 12 inch wide wheels off a Pajero on mine and they stuck out 6 inchs past the bodywork!
I'm in the middle of getting something special sorted in the way of wide wheel arches. If all goes well they'll be a UK made product which will save an absolute bomb on shipping and import duty.
andyc

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath on getting a set of Rangers from formula 4x4. They were in stock when I ordered them months ago, then there was apparently some find of mistake so they'd be in at the end of the month, they've been in at the end of every month since. Guess what? They're due in the end of this month too. I think I'm cancelling tomorrow.

Anyway, offsets..

Std offset is ET30, mine came with 6.5 x 15 et30 wheels.

The ranger is an ET 15, I think that would be great on my L300 with 31/10.5/15. but that is with losing the step, flaps, and a bit of a trim (I've not tried this size, but it's what I ordered coz I reacon I can make it fit).

ET 0 puts the tread on a 265 or 10.5 about level with the body work, but will be tighter on lock.

ET-10 puts the tread about 10mm outside the front bodywork with a 265/ 10.5 (ie illegal) but should be okay with a 235/75/15. This is what Mark Giles runs, his photo's show and explain. If you're planning on running arches 265/70/15 aren't too bad, only minor trimming needed (once flaps and steps removed) not lifted, just cranked to set level. 31/10.5/15 need a fair bit more trimming.

Andy
Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

petermillis wrote:

Quote:
I'm in the middle of getting something special sorted in the way of wide wheel arches. If all goes well they'll be a UK made product which will save an absolute bomb on shipping and import duty.

Is this instead of ordering those others from Japan ??

Are these likely to, or have you thought about matching the new manufactured wheel arches to any suspension & wheel combo that your mate Danny is going to try to put together ? ..... just a thought really......

many thanks Smile
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Ginja. I've not got a problem with ordering the arches from overseas. They would come from the US now as Japan have given me another contact who it ay be cheaper to deal with. However, I'm not happy about the price to be honest. Fair enuogh the price of the arches themselves but then paying twve as much by the time shipping, duty and VAT is added, I'm not too happy about that.
I'd rather pay Steve (the composites guy) £250 to £300 for a set of arches, than pay £200 or so to Elford, £100 to a shipping firm and £100 to HM Customs and Excise. He's been producing things in composites (glass fibre and carbon fibre) for donkeys years and I'd have no reason to doubt the quality of his work.
The wheel/tyre combos would have to come in at a max width that could be covered by 20mm rear arches though due to the sliding door. Any wider and the mechanism needs changing.
Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon you're right there !

£100 transport + £100 to President Blair's honchos !!!!!!

I regularly get stuff from the States thru Ebbaayy and send stuff to my sister in Utah, but it never costs anything near that !!
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think import taxes are lower as well when buying from the US as we are part of the US anyway.
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 15:15    Post subject: Re: Wheels! Reply with quote

sam_g wrote:
Does anyone know if L300 wheels are the same size, fitment and offset as L400 wheels?

I've got a set of L400 alloys on my L300 so in answer to your question, yes they are the same size/offset etc....picture [url=http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDtAmoWgkNwkcEAqi9CzJ89jxUaqLSfjHVP01Xf3dW7XLiFlRAsshwJhzM!85ousyoHODa4VEEBGGqKWj47bzGE9STzJyGjGbrVR!v01P0xhuaxKvuVGw/Wheel%202.jpg?dc=4675448124789935783] HERE [/url]

Mine have 225/80/15's on, but I know that 235/75/15's will go straight on while still keeping the rolling raduis, but gaining a little width (which is always a pleasure!! Laughing )

I had provisionally sold them, but had to keep them on because the BEASTIE wheels I have in the garage (3 sets now!! Shocked Shocked ) need quite a bit of modding, as well as wider arches and a supension lift to get them to fit!!

When (IF??) I ever get the bigger wheels to fit, the L400 ones will be up for grabs....

Regards,

Bruce.

petemillis

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody 'ell...who posted that last post Laughing Laughing
Nice to see you back Bruce. No marking today?
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - been a LONG time!!

Lost my life to marking/report writing etc....since Crimbo!! Shocked

Can see a pinhole of light at the end of the tunnel now, hope it starts to get brighter soon!!

Will hopefully be going to the meet at Cheddar (details anyone?) that Astra called me about the other morning. Will be nice to see the outdoors again & meet some of you lot! Wink

Hope to meet up with you sometime soon Pete (I'm on half term first week in June?)

Regards,

Bruce.

mark.giles

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have these wheels for sale if your intrested Laughing
Laughing
AndyLaser

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info please Mark. Currently running 8x16's, but laquer is knacked. I want to get them blasted and re finished, but can only do one at a time, which is a pain. A replacement set could be sensible. Hmmm tyre size says30-9.5-15.
mark.giles

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry andy the wheels are 6.5x15 with 215/75r15 tyres two of the tyres are no good and two are quite good but the rims are in very good condition i am looking for 150pounds for the set of four. Laughing
AndyLaser

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an idiot Embarassed . I have just looked at the recently bead-blasted wheel thats sitting in the spare room. It is 6 x 15 with ET22 offset. The tyres on them are 30-9.5- 15. I believe this is as big as you can go without modifying anything. Would this size tyre fit on your 6.5" rims okay?
AndyLaser

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question time, would 15x7 wheels fitted with 30-9.5-15 tyres fit without modification?
mark.giles

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi andy yes the 30x9.5x15 tyres would fit my wheels which are 6.5x15 with an offset of et20 as to the 7x15 wheels i have a L300 Delica with 30x9.5x15 tyres on 7x15 wheels and had to do some mods to get them to fit. Laughing
AndyLaser

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to give you a shout after I've got my new exhaust Smile I think I have a plan Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: