Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Door Panel Removla for Front Speakers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fitted a lurvly Kenwood 3md and 1 cd double din flashy light stereo, only thing is the weedy front door speakers (10w) Laughing were no match for the power coming from the kenwood unit, it did not help that the rubber where the cone meets the speaker chassis was all perished either.
So which speakers will fit are they 16cm 16.5cm or 17cm? Sad also is there a crossover wired in to the old speakers or are they full range?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dewy, any chance of a pic or model number? Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rusty, its a kenwood dpx-9000mj I have a pic of it just not worked out how to post on this site yet, doh Laughing
Anyway google for it and you'll see plenty of links.
Won mine on E bay, bloke in Japan Kyoto-exports damn good, won auction on Friday it was posted in japan on Monday and arrived at my house in dorset on Thursday morning.
You'll find him on E bay search double din on worldwide he can get most double din head units used.
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice unit dewy :D i got the DPX-4100V in mine one that on ebay private jobby got it for £130 delivered Shocked i snatched the fellas hand off it is absolutely lovely unit and now I've got the 10disc multiplayer to go with it also but that was the bargain of the century FREEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee :D thats the way i like it lol Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing out of intrest dewy how much you give for it?certainly a sweet unit esp with the minidisc option as well heres a pic for ya russ

Marc 8)

dewy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look, he's got two double din cd/md units on there now plus some in dash dvd players.
dewy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

£280 with the guaranteed ems shipping which wer'nt bad as they cost about £630 new in japan. It's about two years old but as new in full working order mind you the instruction book is all in japanese which was fun specially trying to follow the prompts to put in the 4 digit security code. Laughing
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewy wrote:
Just fitted a lurvly Kenwood 3md and 1 cd double din flashy light stereo, only thing is the weedy front door speakers (10w) Laughing were no match for the power coming from the kenwood unit, it did not help that the rubber where the cone meets the speaker chassis was all perished either.
So which speakers will fit are they 16cm 16.5cm or 17cm? Sad also is there a crossover wired in to the old speakers or are they full range?

Hi Dewy,
The doors have 165mm speakers and the dash has 100mm,
I've stuck a set of 3 way componet speakers in mine 8) , they come with there own crossover and run new cables to speakers so I'm not sure about the original crossover setup Rolling Eyes

Hope it helps Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewy.
Has the radio got the right frequency range? Or, like the standard radio, do you need an expander?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Beat, I've seen some Sony ones I like XSF 1731 16.5cm and 180 watts 3 way £27.94 plus £11.99 p&p still cheaper than halfords from www.unbeatable.co.uk ,they are the xplod range so should be good and bassy. I will leave the 100mm speakers for now but I will want some 9x6's for the back latter on.
Rusty, I fitted a band expander from milners, the tuner still reads from 70mhz -90mhz but somehow it manages to cram all the usual stations in and works great. you need to wire the live feed to the band expander from the switched live feed (red) wire not the power antenna wire as I was advised by the car radio shop where I bought the ISO adapter Rolling Eyes
dewy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, you are just soooooo jammy.
Kyoto-imports had two dpx-9000mj when I got mine, the first one went for £145. plus £40 shipping only three people bid on it in the last minute, when I went to bid on mine every bu**er decided they must have it and the price shot up to £235 in the last minute. A*se! :?
Still really chuffed with the thing would have had a job finding anything like it over here as minidisc is not so popular here, can't understnd why cos I think its supurb and its really big in Japan. Smile
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got MD recorder but I find it easier to burn CDs now!
I've emailed Kyoto, cause can't find any units on 'that' auction site!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, have you searched "double din" worldwide items then include titles and descriptions? you should be able to find him that way, he has 2 kenwood and an alpine md/cd units for sale on there, he does also claim to be able to get specific items to order,you might get one a bit cheaper that way and not have to be up at 4am trying to win the bidding like I was.
I'm just to impulsive and to impatient to get a bargain. Laughing
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems to have gone off the topic a bit :? Back to door panel removal..... Found this useful link: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3a%2f%2fmorimori.cside.tv%2fdelica%2fdiy%2fdoorm.htm
I've also put it in the useful link section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: