2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Twin Stereos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishi Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 22:23    Post subject: Twin Stereos? Reply with quote

Hi all, first posting so please be patient Smile I have recently purchased a L400 Super Exceed Space Gear, complete with Ladder, Roof rack (of which I climbed on top of and could almost spin the moon on my index finger Laughing ), TV and DVD player etc......
My query is I am going to swap my double 'D' head unit with my trusty old Sony cd/mp3 tuner and 10 disc changer, I was looking to run this through the front 4 speakers and for the rear stick a 4 X 30w Gellard amp on the DVD player for the rear, the front should be quite straight forward depending on how easy it will be to cut into/ rewire the front speakers to isolate it from the rear system. The rear system I would prefer to run the audio direct from the DVD player to the amp, but am struggling for a way of controlling the volume, I could use the out put from the TV but as this is mounted in the roof I would have to disturb headlining to conceal the wiring neatly, also I spotted on one of the Japanese web links a pair of roof mounted pod speakers, there seems to be a lack of this style of speaker unit available in the UK, if anyone has any ideas on how to get hold of this type of speakers their help would be much appreciated.
Regarding the front speakers I have 4 speakers 1 in each of the doors and 1 each in the outer extremities of the dashboard has anybody got the dimensions of these speakers - I have read that they are 6 1/2" but is that the door or the dash? I have read the rears are 6 X 9's for which I have a very nice pair of Sony coaxial 3 ways :D
Sorry for all the info, I wanted to try and cover as much as I could, wait till I get on with the Sunroof, Overdrive switch and take it for M.O.T. Rolling Eyes
Look forward to your reply(s) Idea
Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 22:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The door speakers are 61/2". Not done any more work on mine so don't now the rest :?

oh oh and to the forum m8 Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club 'bishi-dude'
not a flashy as russes but so what Evil or Very Mad

sorry not got a 400 so difficult for me to suggest anything, someone will know all your answers (i hope)

delicar300 is in hong kong, he may be able to get you some speaker pods, i used to make them out of layers of mdf when i was a boy racer, amazing what you can do with a jigsaw, a sander, with a tin of filler and a spray can Razz

rik
Bishi Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 23:40    Post subject: replies Reply with quote

Cheers for your the warm welcome and advice so far, look forward to getting to know you guys better over coming months and hopefully years Laughing
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy and WELCOME Wink
You haven't stated what DVD system you have, some DVD's can be switched into stand alone mode and therefore the volume can be adjusted via a remote, just wondered if yours was capable of such an option. :?

The speakers i've fitted are 6" in the door (although as Rusty said bigger ones will fit) and 4" in the dash fit spot on Wink

hth
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate
....and watch out for the Sony 6x9s, depthwise. I'm trying to fit a pair at the moment and the depth is giving me hell!!....very shallow space.
Take care and good luck,

dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: