4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Nunns - Grimsby (Mitsi/Mazda Dealer)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlinuk

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:16    Post subject: Nunns - Grimsby (Mitsi/Mazda Dealer) Reply with quote

Well the beastie has been for her first service at last, which was well overdue.
The experience was spot on. Have dealt with Nunns for years but was still a little worried as main dealers are a) expensive and b) not always happy to deal with imports.
Not a problem in any respect. First the cost. Service including fuel filter, oil filter and fluids plus a good going over was £175.00 inc VAT.
Only two potential problems raised which was a split steering rack gaiter - non critical - to be fixed at somepoint (Probably next service) - and a split wiper blade, which I already knew about and will sort in due course. Everything else checked out AOK. Not bad for a grand old lady of 12 years.

As always they are helpful, sorted a loan car out for me, and sourcing parts with them is not an issue, turns out a chap in the area has two of the beasts and they look after them for him when required, so they were not phazed at all by her.

I didn't think £175 was too bad given i have seen DIY prices rated at £250 ish here in the forum.

I have always recommended them, and nothing has changed for me. So if you have a Deli, and are not DIY minded then give Simon or John a call and they will be happy to help.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Merlinuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:05    Post subject: Update - Feb 2009 - MOT and Mini Service Reply with quote

Well I could not put it off any longer, so in she went.

Work: Oil and Filter Change
         Replace Split Steering gaiter
         MOT Test
         Replace 1 x Wiper and 1 x Wiper Blade
         General check up and lube
         Sort out squeal from Belts

All done....sailed through her MOT, the opacity test is 3 M-1, she was 1.27 M-1,  not bad at all for a bus thats 13 years old with a dubious service history til I got her.

Cost: £250 ish.....  Sure I could have done it myself but as i am not sure which end of a spanner to use i prefer a proffessional to sort her out, lol

Still, not bad....

Been quoted £70 ish for an auto box blood change out, so thats on the list for later in the year, no problems with it but suspect she would like one.....

:D
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the box fluid change isn't bad at all.. it would cost £50-£60 in fluid alone if you could get the proper diaqueen fluid in the first place.

I got some hyundai ATFSPIII from the local dealers. 8 bottle ( should have been 9 ) at £6+vat each.

I'd say that is pretty good, as long as they put the pukka fluid in.

My Delica Album
Merlinuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 0:23    Post subject: Box Change - Further info Reply with quote

I didn;t reckon that was bad, the price was based on the appropriate Dexron grade.

The only concern they had was about wether they had to drop the sump off (newer cars apparently have this useful feature), but the Deli can be done with a sump plug and bleeding (on here in detail), the answer to that was "okay, well thats about right on cost then"....

When I get it done I'll post the final charge on here...

Smile
Merlinuk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 23:42    Post subject: From a few months ago..... Reply with quote

Oh dear, a black mark.... First in 10 years.

Had what turned out to be TPS problem, thanks to the forum and a friend all sorted, but Nunns took her in disagnosed a TPS fault (which comes up anyway) and promised to get back with a fix.... well 6 months has passed, I sorted it and still they never rang, Lol.

I can guess why, they don't carry the manuals for the Delica, and a full CD Rom version is many pounds from Mitsi, and although they service a few, at a guess because the basics are Shogun based they have never needed the Deli Manual.

And for one minor thing I suspect they did not think I would pay for the manual (Correct!)

Anyways shes due up for her next MOT in Jan 2010... Oh dear... And I know she needs a new front D/S tyre already.....

I'll update on here when I have the damage.....
Merlinuk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 18:44    Post subject: Update - Nunns - Rating dropping again.... Reply with quote

Well she has just had her MOT and Service.

The good news:    Oil & Filter plus Fuel Filter, Belt adjustment plus MOT £158.68

Better News:        She passed first time. No advisories.  Shocked   But Smoke up a bit on last year to 2.17 average...

Sad News:           Starting issue as described in Starting Issues bit "before I Leap"... They think its PROBABLY the plugs, although mentioned timer as well, and then quoted me....

£245 to remove plugs and replace with generics.... 2 Hours labour.. Because its not like a SHOGUN.  Well have enlisted a mate of mine who knows engines (because I don't really) and  looking to get a set.... according to this forum half and hour or so.... I'll time it, LOL..... But still....

Thought the service and MOT was good money but I am starting to doubt their ability to cope with anything much else as regards engine.

We shall see...... Hopefully in some long period of time.

All the best

Merlinuk Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: