4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tow Bar Fitting Prob?>(split from useful links)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ns1444

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 19:55    Post subject: Tow Bar Fitting Prob?>(split from useful links) Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.towequipe.com/

are selling these on ebay as BUYNOW for £81 plus £15 delivery, did anyone actually get one off of them yet ? and are they any good ?

I bought one of these from towequipe, by the time I'd cut bits out to fit around the torsion bar and exhaust pipe it would have been just as quick to have made it myself (and cheaper). Also had to buy a couple more bolts as the one's supplied were too short.

Nigel.

As this thread may possibly be indicative of a problem with the manufacturer of the bar, i have split this from the original topic in the useful links section,i hope this thread will be kept updated as to any developments with the bar in question,so that we can define if this is in fact a fault that we can report back to the manufacture in question.
Thx Marc
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 19:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel, sounds like you might have had the wrong kit supplied. As far as I know you're the first person who has had to cut anything outt o fit around the torsion bars (which are nowhere near the back anyway) and the exhaust. :? :?
Did you phone the supplier to ask for help fitting? They do have a helpline for anyone who is having difficulty and may well have decided you had the wrong kit.
Toontino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nigel,

I agree with what Pete has said, I'm no mechanic (far from it) and I fitted mine without any problems :D It only took about an hour involved no cutting at all and is still doing the job fine today.
I got mine from Towequipe and used their helpline with ref the wiring and the guy on the blower talked me through it no bother :D
I do agree with you on the bolts I also had to buy some longer ones to fit my stabilizer plate Crying or Very sad only £2.00 though.
A towbar place near me said he could get me one and fit it for around £300 I done it myself for £99, good old profit margin he was working on Evil or Very Mad

Pete may well be right in saying they may have give you the wrong kit Crying or Very sad as honestly I had no bother with the actual fitting of the bar as it was all prity much straight forward.

Cheers Smile
ns1444

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just checked the paperwork, it states the towbar as 'TC701 MITSUBISHI Delica 4x4 MPV'. Cost £109.00 inc p & p. (on Ebay) On another bit of paper it states the model as P25W. Since I have a 93 2.5td L300 4x4 this should be the right one.

The main problems being the exhaust being in the way, and the anti -roll bar (wrongly described as a 'torsion bar' in my post). I have looked at a friends Delica (same model but 91) and his was exactly the same as my Delica, that particular towbar would have had the same problems.

Had these bits not been in the way, it would have been a perfect fit as everything lined up with the floor, and the holes lined up where the old bumper was removed.

On the Ebay ad it stated that bits may have to be cut away to fit the towbar.

Anyway, its all done now though I'm not happy with it - but I'll live with it!

Nigel.
petemillis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel, you ought to take the issue up with Towequipe and suggest how they could improve it. I'd also be tempted to try and get some money back for your hassles.
ns1444

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I might just do that - I'll post the results here as and when I get any reponse.

Nigel.
jo0lz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gulp
I've bought one of them there Towequipe Towbars for a 1991 L300
NOT tried to fit it yet
Sounds like I need to the get the angle grindered out first!!!
Jo0lz
Dave C

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw chamonix pips and he had a spacer at the rear exhaust bracket to move it over,i did the same to stop mine banging
ns1444

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted towequipe over this problem and received the following response;

"Do you still have the fitting instructions would you be so kind to annotate on the instructions the problems experienced and let me have a copy so we can review this for the next time we have one in the workshop"

Seems to be a case of, hard luck. Can't say they would be my first choice in the future.

Nigel.
Joshy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 19:25    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

I think that you may have the wrong bracket. I bought a TC705 for my 1994 2.8 Super Exceed, PE8W and it took about half an hour to fit. Bolted straight on!
The only trouble I had was finding the cable that fed the brake lights. Up in the tailgate!!

Chris
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, the problem with the towbar was on the one for the older L300 Delica. The bars for the L400 are a piece of cake as you've just found out! Re the brake light wiring..........no need to go into the tailgate as the lights in the main body are a combined side/brake light unit and you can take feeds for whole lot from there.
Joshy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine appear to be combined side/fog lights in the main body not side/brake. Is this unusual?
petemillis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Would seem previous UK owner has converted the brake lights to fog lights instead of having to have the additional foglight fitted. In Japan they have no rear foggy.
Joshy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Pete. As you probably gather, I am a new Delica owner having previously had a Pajero which I thought was wonderful. This beast looks like being even more fun!

Chris
'94 Super Exceed 2.8 Auto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: