Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Halfords - Smart Repair for scuffs etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 21:33    Post subject: Halfords - Smart Repair for scuffs etc Reply with quote

I got a few scuffs on the rear bumper and was thinking about getting them sorted. Halfords are offering 'smart repairs' starting from £60. Supposed to be a darned site cheaper than dragging the Deli to the local paintshop. The repairs are guaranteed for 3 yrs too.
Anyway, went along today and got a quote - basically 7 scrapes comes to £350.

Before I nook this in I was wondering if you guys had any work done like this and how good the end result was?

GDog
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

GDog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er..generally i BOOK things in not nook them!

Lol

GDog
android

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gdog I would go and get a quote from paintshop first, I personally don't think smart repairs
work that well they are usually used buy car sales pitches to make cars look good short term
till sold etc the guarantee will probably come with excuses  Jmo
                                           Cheers Ron  HTH
illy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a panel beater sprayer in a body shop SMART REPAIRS I've had to put so many right don't DO IT.

Tony Rolling Eyes

Me
Who Cares Who Wins
GDog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.... you've convinced me to think again.

GDog
Philbski

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these repairs on an A4 hat I had where somone scratched the bonnet, about a foot long and down to the metal. The repair was very good. The company I used was 'Chips away'.
The only issue is that these companies tend to be franchises and one operator being good does not guarantee that they will all be.
illy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philbski wrote:
I had one of these repairs on an A4 hat I had where somone scratched the bonnet, about a foot long and down to the metal. The repair was very good. The company I used was 'Chips away'.
The only issue is that these companies tend to be franchises and one operator being good does not guarantee that they will all be.

Most of these repairs are done out side, there lies the first problem, damp, and all manner of contamination, Then temperature materials and the car should be at the right temperature or you can get problems.
We had a smart repairer get permission to do a repair in our car park, of course when he left we went to have a look , he had actually painted a straight black car metallic black.  DHO

Tony

Me
Who Cares Who Wins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: