Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

£45 for a half tank of fuel in Sainsbury's....huh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 0:51    Post subject: £45 for a half tank of fuel in Sainsbury's....huh Reply with quote

I filled up my Deli today and it was on half full and it cost me £45.....now that's frightening.

If the cost of crude oil continues to escalate it will go out of control and withing 2 years could be $200. The evidence is gathering and the way markets are responding to such global problems.

What i don't know is still the size of my tank. If my tank is half empty and it takes me £45 to fill it to the brim, that tells me it would cost nearly £90 to fill it from empty. Why can that be if my tank is only 75 litres?. Would it be possible that i may have two tanks or is the guage not giving me accurate readings because there's more in the upper half of the tank than the lower half maybe?

Anyone care to explain.....? ( God, I sound like a school teacher lol )

Notty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 0:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

more likely that the gauge is not acurate...

how much per litre was it...

also try adding 20-30% veg oil from Sainsbury's
notty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1.05 per litre. I normally get about 300 miles on a full tank and thats mainly local driving.

I ran on veggie oil for quite some time and loved the smell of burgers flowing around the truck and back through the window making me constantly hungry but I stopped buying because the price just soared almost overnight. I was paying 49p a litre for Corn Oil at Lidl's and have been doing so for a few years and ran it in my Townie but all of a sudden the price just shot up. I can't see much point paying 75p - 80p a litre now for veggie when the inconvenience outwieghs the cost, ie buying it by the bottle and standing by my Deli for 20 minutes emptying boxes of 1 litre bottles.....the recycling boys loved me every fortnight......millions of plastic bottles for them ....

.......and the slower start up during colder weather and also the worry of how my fuel filter was coping with the constant gloop of fuel going through it...I thought sod it...back to good oil costly diesel.....

How do i check my needle then in my fuel gauge....( notice gauge spelt right this time lol )

PS I was buying 15 litre drums from tescos in cardiff for £8.......If you happen to give the can a dent on the way to the checkout...the checkout operator would give a 10% discount also......amazing how many dents i received on the way to the tills....

Notty
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

4WD L400 fuel tank = 75 Litre
2WD L400 fuel tank = 60 Litre

The low fuel warning light will come on when the Deli has about 15 litres in and will get brighter as the fuel gets lower.  When I did a check of mine, (with a jerry can full in the back of the motor) I waited until the light came on and then drove for a further 80 miles before I pulled into a filling station.  It required 72 Litres to fill it to the top of the overflow pipe, which is where I always fill it to.  :D

You will find the needle on the guage is not entirely accurate in that it goes down quicker as you get below the 50% mark.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
primate1970
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!! Thanks Lewis.!!!!
I never realised my 2WD L400 had a smaller tank! I always wondered why I couldn't put as much in as I thought it needed! I ran out recently (untill it wouldn't start facing up hill) and when I went to fill up (to the brim) I only got £60 worth in (@99.9 ltr)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: