4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Pecking Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 0:09    Post subject: Pecking Order Reply with quote

Hi - we are looking at buying a 97/P Delica Chamonix that so far we have only seen on the dealers web site, he will be bringing it from his other branch for us to view this week. As total newcomers to Delica ownership we wondered where in the pecking order the Chamonix is based and what spec it should have including extras - if any? It is a 2.8 TD auto, we shall be towing a caravan and need to source a suitable towbar for it, would appreciate any suppliers tel nos, recommendations etc . Also has anybody experienced towing with this vehicle and what is a safe max weight to tow?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 0:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wrecknett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave mine is a 1996 on an N plate and it tows my camper no problem. I will be getting a caravan next year I hope, and I expect it will tow okay. As for the towbar try ebay I think they are still on for £99 with electrics, just put in Delica. Payed £270 for mine fitted had to reposition it myself what a rip off. Good Luck
Toontino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David & welcome,

The Delica is excellent for towing Smile I tow a 20+ft caravan (old heavy thing) and it tows like a dream, you don't even realise it's there. I don't bother with the extending mirrors as I seem to be able to see the back of the van okay (ish) Also the mirrors I have are for my passat and would go nowere near the Delica mirrors Shocked
The one down side is the mpg but to be honest it's not too bad and well worth it.

As for your towbar the cheapest I found was as Wrecknet says e-bay from a company called towequipe, in the search box just type in "Delica towbar" and it should get you staight to the site.
The actual fitting of the towbar is very easy and with the right tools will only take an hour or so.

I'm sure the rest of the guy's will be able to tell you more about the Chamonix model, as I'm new to the wonders of the Delica and everyone one I see has something different on it Razz
One thing I can say you won't be dissapointed with your new toy :D and being a member of this most excellent club will definetly help you along the way :D
Cheers & a very warm welcome.
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 22:23    Post subject: pecking order Reply with quote

Thanks for info. We had a phone call today to say that the Delica was sold before we even got to see it so its now back to the drawing board (and the ads) as we are still looking. The more we find out about them the more we want one!!! What we really want is a 2.8TD 4WD auto with 7 seats and a crystal lite roof around 96/97. Anyone out there know of a suitable one for sale?
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
There always seems to be plenty down here in the Poole, Bournemouth area. I've seen Delis in at least 10 garages Shocked Too many to remember actually, can't say I've seen many later 96-97 models tho Rolling Eyes Loads of 94-95 ones. Unfortunately I don't know all the addresses of them but it might be worth a look at the Dealers section on the forum. Here are a few of the addresses I know of...
http://www.japsrus.co.uk/index.html
http://www.pegasusmotor.co.uk/about_us.html
http://www.imperialcar.co.uk/list.asp
http://www.autobiography.me.uk/
Plus a couple of others I found...
http://www.southerncounties4x4center.com/default1.asp
http://www.import-japanese-cars.com/index.asp?PageKind=ProductListPage&CategoryID=4&BackPageKind=ProductListPage
Please note, I have no experience or knowledge of these dealers etc so cannot vouch for them
Wink HTHs , I'll try to be a bit more observant and look for addresses and tel numbers etc....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,Not sure how far you want to travel but CMC at Cinderford ,Glos has had a good half a dozen in over the last week,had a nosey today and they look tidy,but youy might need to haggle on price a bit,they were around 7k but not sure what year they are,they are not listed in his ad in the paper yet,his details are www.cinderfordmotorcompany.co.uk tel 01594 826580,
JamesB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Southampton 4x4.co.uk

These guys are the actual importers I think, and the have a (rather) large compound in Southampton docks. When I was there alst they had about 50 of the things, so a good selection. :D
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to everyone who replied with info on dealers. Glad to say we have spoken to Pete Millis who is sorting us out "when the boat comes in". We are waiting with baited breath until then. The more we read the forums the more we want one. Come the end of September we will become proper Deli members !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: