Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

sva tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlyme

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 23:24    Post subject: sva tests Reply with quote

As I am a new owner of a Delica and it needs an sva test can I please ask all you experts out there if you know

1 of the items that need to be changed on a 95 diesel auto to pass the test

2 not technical as such but where can you buy a new centre dash consol cover as mine is not as good as it should be ( the bit of plastic from and around the sterio up to the inclinometer )

I hope that as a new boy to your club these are reasonable requests

( ps also where is best for insurance? Thanks )
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 23:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onlyme, just posted this in reply to another SVA question. When you bought it were you told it would have to go through ESVA if a test hadn't been booked prior to 1 April 04?
If you booked it in prior to 1 April 04 and you already have the Z number (issued for the appointment) then it will go through the old SVA scheme. In this case you can put it in for SVA as a disabled conversion (ONLY if booked in prior to 1 April) which means fitting a steering wheel knob, doing speedo, foglight and ditching everything that it could fail on (ie bars, curtains, ladders etc as some testers are very scrupulous especially now with the new regs). If you don't want to put it through as a disabled conversion you will need to sort out front/rear brake balance as they brake too strongly on the rear compared with the front.
Full details of what's required can be found here:
http://www.millisperformancecars.co.uk/sva_manual_draft.pdf
and this will tell you what's what.
If it wasn't already booked in then you have to go through ESVA which means you have to have brake balance and so on sorted out. Read the manual and everything you need to know is in there. It will fail with any after market modifications which includes suspension, exhaust and so on. The vehicle must be standard. Never used to be this harsh but it is now!

If you have any questions about this you're welcome to get in touch with me.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome 'only you' Wink
Central console available from Mits dealer at around £90 Shocked Part N° MR720570 I believe. It's a weak area Rolling Eyes
Check insurance thread/section for details on that Wink°

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I SVA tested my Delica the tester stated the brake bias rule had changed since the 1st of April which meant my Delica passsed without brake modification.

Regards Mike Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: