Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Towbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2manyg

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:49    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

Any of you guys had a tow bar fitted to your L400?

How much did you pay?

Any recommendations for towbar fitting companies?

Cheers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wrecknett

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 15:49    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

Hi "manyg I just payed £277 for mine fitted and I have had to refit it myself as it was twisted. I got ripped right off. On this site someone told me about a one for £99 that fits the L400 I think it is Towequippe. If you put Towbar in the search box there is loads about towbars Just don't get ripped off SeeY
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

As wrecknett said theres towequipe recomended in this thread here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=417&highlight=towbar

hth

Marc 8)

willisa

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep - Towequipe for £97 - £99 via Ebay (just do a search on 'Delica'). Or you can call Andrew Rowson on 02476 328040, they are in Nuneaton.

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
Ratso

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered one of these towbar kits for my Deli, I found them to be friendly and helpfull. Hopefully with the info on this thread I won't have too much trouble fitting the thing when it arrives on Wednesday/Thursday
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitting is a piece of cake unless you put a couple of the spacers in the wrong place. Electrics also a piece of cake. Would have taken an hour altogether if I hadn't made a mistake. Instead took much longer as I thought they had 2 of the bits drilled wrong, it was a Sunday so didn't try to call them, and I faffed around drilling two holes in parts I needn't have done!
Ratso

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy is it to wire it up as I haven't done any wiring before and it sounds rather daunting?
petemillis

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring is no problem. Theonly extras you need that aren't in the kit are a couple of lengths of single core cable to reach from the right hand side light cluster to the left hand side.
All connections are pretty easy to find and the instructions are pretty comprehensive. You're welcome to give me a call when it comes to it and I can give you some free phone advice! 07712 647260.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this diagram I made is of any use to anyone:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay thanks for that info and many thanks pete for the offer of phone advice. I am also curious as to what the differences are between a "twin" electric towbar and a single version. I was told I needed a twin version if I was towing a caravan but I didn't get an explanation as to why or what the difference was. I have also realised that even though the Deli has nice large mirrors they probably won't be big enough to use when towing a caravan so does anyone know where I can get my hands on any or are they available at any good caravan accessory shops etc..

Sorry about the amount of questions I'm asking in a short period of time but for some reason I had a crazy idea it would be a good idea to try my hand at caravanning and go from not having a towbar to having to have one fitted and working by next Tuesday when I pick up the caravan and go on holiday on Friday in it Smile coupled with the fact I have never owned a caravan before and have no idea what I am letting myself in for.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second (S) socket looks after accessories such as the fridge etc. I found the other day when I towed a 'van for the first time that if your windows line up right you can see right thro the caravan with the normal rear view mirror.... Which is nice Wink Try checking out the links on the camping/caravanning section of www.pocuk.com as well. HTHs
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that with the standard mirrors I can see where I've been with no probs' and as Rusty said, with most caravans you can see where you've been with the interior mirror also Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
2manyg

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all your help!

Order the twobar from towquipe- it should arrive Wednesday- I'll let you all know when I mess up the fitting!
2manyg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got round to fitting it- piece of cake! Have not done the electrics though Sad

Where is the best place to attach the wires- just before the light bulbs themselves?
Baz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I recently wired up the electrics and found it quite simple. I did buy some extra wire as each light cluster has its own wiring loom which probably join way back down the vehicle.
I borrowed a mate and a circuit tester and systematically tested each wire leading into the rear of the light cluster to find out which one was which. The wiring explanation from towequippe was simple and I just followed the instructions.
I fitted the wiring on the offside next to the jack and there was a handy air vent which i used to feed the wire from the towbar up into vehicle. I joined the left indicator, left rear light and brake light to the extra wire and ran that under the carpet up to the right light cluster.
I also used masking tape to write down each wires use and wrapped it around should I need to go back at a later date. There was also an earth by the offside rear light cluster which was handy.
If you do have a light board it is handy to plug that in and test each one as you go.
I hope this helps. Best of luck Exclamation

Atb Baz
Toontino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

As recommended I used towequipe for a Delica L400 tow bar, service was spot on (especially the help line), towbars a doddle to fit and the whole job took less than an hour :D I had to phone with ref to the correct way up for the towbar (sounds strange) because the diagram supplied looks as if the lip on the bar should be pointing up when in fact for towing a caravan the lip should be pointing down :? or so the helpline tells me Idea i don't think it would make a great deal of difference but the height at the rear of the caravan (or lack of it) may cause a problem when towing. The helpline guy says he has pointed this out to the makers and the diagram will be alterd shortly. I've also just fit a towequipe towbar onto a Citroen C5 again no probs all working fine :D Once again for towbars etc you can't go wrong with these guys and should save a good few quid :D :D
IanFJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 15:36    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

Hi,

Good to hear as I will be fitting mine shortly, Just put it in to be zinc plated so it won't rust like my last 3!

Cheers

IanJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: