4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

heater blower fan issue ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:30    Post subject: heater blower fan issue ? Reply with quote

hi All, hope you had a good summer break and enjoyed your vans.

there is no rest for the wicked....

after the van has been converted to a poptop bushcamper everything worked just fine, except for dying turbo, alternator and what not so....
finally the aircon gave up at 35°C ambient...

so, got a mechanic searching the leaks, easy fix I was told, just some o-rings and regassed. then they called me to say all is tight and no leaks but the heater fan won' t work anymore.

they said it blew the 25A fuse couple of times and they had no time to continue the search.
now I put back in the 25A and the fan would blow again but...
it only blows on I would think lowest level, and only starts up when the aircon * switch is on or it will automatically start when you select the windscreen defogger button.

the fan runs smooth, it does not sound obstructed. I've been told it could be full of debris as there is no cabin filter but it always ran smooth and strong on all levels.

so... has anyone got an idea what the issue might be?

fan blows only when AC on but one level only
without AC nope

are there any relays or resistors or whatsoever to be checked?

thank you heaps. I'm just not running out of bad luck.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put 12v direct to the fan via the two thick wires and if it fires up to warp speed then I'd set about checking the resistor pack 👍
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, the fan is dead as dodo...replacement on the way. will keep posting on progress

the fan I thought was blowing on one level only was the one in the engine bay for the AC.... rookie mistake!
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

never taken a Delica one apart, but can more often than not be fixed with a good clean of the commutator, then turn or renew the brushes. if you can not get the right size brushes then you can file them down to fit. how much for the new fan or is it new second hand as mine is on the way out 🤔
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken the blower motor to pieces and replaced the brushes and I'm happy to say it's given it a new life. I have pics of the process but can't post them on here but if people think it's worth it I'll get a hosting account for the pics and try to do a how to guide?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put Pics on here using a free Hosting Account.  Very Happy

See this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12958

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a second hand one, there are plenty around but what condition?
for me a bit more costly being based in Austria :-(
strange thing is that there is no cross reference for the van with another car at all which makes it difficult to source, have not seen a new product anywhere
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see the motor and squirrel cage are the same as the rear one so you could extract the motor from the plastic housing and swap it over
I've still not been able to find time to find a photo host insights but any recommendations would be greatly received and I will put up the numerous picks I took when I strict it down and replaced the brushes as I'm sure 99% of the time it's only the replacement brushes that are required
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use  www.cubeupload.com

All photos are kept in a single folder.

It does not take video files.

Check this to see their terms of service, before you register an account https://cubeupload.com/tos

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thanks again Lewis. I'll do the required at the earliest opportunity 👍💫
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the lack of action. I now have two fixes, so I will post the pictures and guides in the next couple of days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: