Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

transfer case filling up leveled?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocau

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:27    Post subject: transfer case filling up leveled? Reply with quote

as subject says, does one really need to jack rear of the car to get the right amount of oil in the transfer case?
I filled it with car being on flat level but just since someone saying that rear should be lifted to get the right amount in?
TIA
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever told you to jack it up is an idiot.

Do it on level ground and ensure you can open the filling plug before the drain plug. There isn’t much sense in emptying it before you know it can be refilled.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
crocau

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was on this forum, i can't link it but if you go to topic that will get you there viewtopic.php?t=50809

I can't imagine mechanic in mitsu garage would be tilting the car around to do this right? :D
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Mitsu would make the schoolboy error of putting the filler plug too low down on every Delica transfer box manufactured! If they did, they'd  probably put a coorection sticker in the owners manual  to the effect " Using Mitsubishi tool no.   MB 123456 oil fill angle measuring tool, jack up the rear of the vehicle to the angle indicated before refilling." Rolling Eyes
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post was not Mitsu advising jacking up.

It was Yoza, who said he jacked up the offside to tilt the transmission sideways to drain more out of the transfer case then jacked the back end up to get more back in, presumably as he was not parked on level ground.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: