Adrian Flux - 01553 845 945

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

A question about a 'sticky'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tookey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30    Post subject: A question about a 'sticky' Reply with quote

In L300 technical FAQ there is a sticky 'engine cutting out', the OP refers to older 300's. Member is not active anymore so I can't ask directly but what age is 'older' please. I ask as if it is 'common' then maybe prevention is better than cure for my circumstances but is a 98 'older'

Ty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 98 is in the newer group to me, considering the older ones started in 1966.  Very Happy

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a "how long is a piece of string" sort of thing, but in the context of L300's, I tend to think of anything pre-92 as "older", but perhaps that is just because mine is a '92.  Smile

There definitely was a change in body style from the late 80's going into the early 90's, I.e. from this sort of thing to this.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the L300 (series 3 on which yours is based) there is pre-facelift (like mine - twin square headlights) and post facelift Delica versions (like this) with moulded projector headlights

This series Delica came out in late 1987 to 1990 then facelifted for 1991-94 and carried on later for L300 base vehicle, like yours.
There are also a myriad of other revisions through the production run.

So I would say your your is a later L300 of that series
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 1987, they are pretty much all the same, as far as mechanicals are concerned. Cutting out on any vehicle may have any number of causes, and from all the posts I've read on here, it is not really an issue with L300s of any age, and is very unlikely to happen. (Unless you run it out of fuel!) Whenever I buy a 'new' vehicle, I buy a gallon of fuel in a can, and run it until the low fuel light comes on. Then at least I know I'll get a warning! If it runs out before the low fuel light comes on, I'll get the light checked out before I look any further, and in both cases, make a mental note of where the gauge needle was!
Tookey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the replies  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: