4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Lambda oxygen sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 15:45    Post subject: Lambda oxygen sensor Reply with quote

Hi
I spent some time searching this forum but found any info about those lambda sensors.
Could you please point me out to the topic if any exist? Thank you.

I have found one sensor in the middle of exhaust system but I guess there should be one more closer to the engine?
It`s 3 L V6 petrol, 2005 Active Field.

Computer was connected to the truck but found no faults. It`s not really reliable because those data bases has no Delica present.

The problem appeared at the Pay and Play when went quite hard up the hill and over the edge.
The engine was shaking a bit and not smooth at the idle.
The fuel filter was replaced like two weeks before that, so was thinking might be about injectors chocked?
It looks, there is no false air, filter is clean...
The next thing are lambda sensors to be checked. There is no check engine displayed but have read that it might not appear.

The fuel consumption went up from 20 L to 27 L / 100 miles

Any help very welcome please!
Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 15:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you check for running rich, like see if the exhaust pipe has soot in it  Question

Or the M.A.F. sense & control. Long time back, I seem to recall some makes of cars having early-ish failures with that part.

If the Lambda is cheap enough, might be worth replacing.

Dunno if this will help - Way back, friend of mine had a Merc 220 SE, It was misbehaving.
We could not find the problem, I had an idea, at night time, find a dark place, look at the engine -
There showed the problem - - A firework display, from the HT leads  Shocked

Might help  Question

Mr D
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I`ll check them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: