Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Diagnostics equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveH

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 14:16    Post subject: Diagnostics equipment Reply with quote

Can anyone give me advice on a simple diagnostic code reader that I can buy for my 2000 3.0l V6 petrol.
I had one for an Elgrand that I used to have that worked wireless and used an App on my phone. I'm wondering if there is such like this for my new Delica.
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 14:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

b3lha

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key thing to look for is Iso9141 support (aka K-Line). It's an old standard and almost all diagnostic tools support it.

I would expect the Elgrand tool to work fine on the Delica unless it's written specifically to use the proprietary Nissan extensions to the protocol.

Evoscan is good software for Mitsubishi and/or Subaru vehicles if you have a laptop available.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the Ozzie club members have used MUTT II to some extent, it's worth noting that not even the UK based Mitsu dealers have the software to let their diagnostic equipment read the Deli's systems.

That I discovered after paying £78'ish for a diagnostic test, at a Mitsu workshop, only to be advised of the fact after paying, then being told they did a visual inspection instead!  :?

I bought a MUTT II reader ages back, but it turned out to be a fancy shaped paperweight.  Crying or Very sad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
DelicaTessAn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '95 Delica L400 (2.8TDI) is currently with an experienced professional mechanic who is trying to diagnose a poor running problem.  However, he reports as follows:

Diagnostics used:
Snapon heritage scanner
Delphi ds150
Autel.
-none of which will communicate!

Has anyone found any diagnostic kit anywhere that will communicate with the above model (or is worth a try)?
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mechanic tried as well and there is a problem with data.
Anyone has got any news please?
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that the only diognostics would be the gearbox.
These flash up by earthing pin 1 on the obd?
Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sir naggedalot has indicated the OBD port only works for gearbox faults and there doesn't seem to be any readers available that can read them. What is the nature of your poor running issue, if you describe the symptoms some of us may be able to point you in the right direction. If it's conking out after a cold start and then running okay for the rest of the day it's more then likely the fuel pump oil seal, if you do a search on here you'll find lots of posts about that.
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a V6 petrol so might not suffer from that, but definitely a few more symptoms might pin it down.
If you earth out pin one the AT light flashes the codes on my series1 2.8.
Love it, all obds should have this option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: