4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica L300 Glow Plug ECU MD172612 2612 K8T79081

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COZZAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Delica L300 Glow Plug ECU MD172612 2612 K8T79081 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this site which looks to be a brilliant source of information.  I'm wondering if anyone can help me source a glow plug ECU for my Delica L300 part numbers MD172612 2612 K8T79081.  Mine has burnt out completely and I'm not having any joy on the sites I usually use. Any advice or assistance in pointing me in the right direction would be very gratefully received....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

grib

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how bad is it burn out?
mine only had one or two tracks on the PCB I just soldered a wire to replace and now works fine.  Don't know if this helps
COZZAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for your post.  I haven't seen it yet, but I understand it looks pretty terminal.  I'll check if its possible to solder tomorrow.Thank you so much for the advice.
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple push button, operating a heavy duty contactor/ relay = cheapest way out of that problem.

But having said that, I used to be an "Auto Sparks" so - easy for ME to say and do.
Might not be so easy for you. Tho I would like to think that you could do it  Smile

Mr D
COZZAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. We'll try that.  Sounds like we might need an auto electrician!
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
A simple push button, operating a heavy duty contactor/ relay = cheapest way out of that problem.

But having said that, I used to be an "Auto Sparks" so - easy for ME to say and do.
Might not be so easy for you. Tho I would like to think that you could do it  Smile

Mr D

This.
Its not too difficult to do, you can wire a switch to one of the relays that would normally be operated by the ECU, so you can manually activate/deactivate the relay and have pre-glow for the duration.
I've done this with mine, but just as a backup option.
Doesn't require much more than a little bit of running of wires and soldering, and a cheap switch off the interwebs...
I can talk you through how I did it, just let me know if you want to go down that route.
COZZAM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jejoenje.  That sounds like it may be the route we need to take.  We've literally today received some new (used) solenoids and another relay as the solenoids were dead as well.  I'll print this out for our mate who is scratching his head over this conundrum.  Will get back to you if he needs some help.   Thanks so much for the advice that really does sound like it could be the fix....
Nippon Racer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I ve got a problem with the MD172612 K8T79081 too.

My Question is:- is inside the MD172612 K8T79081 only the glowplug electric, or is inside something for the automatic transmission too?

Because of some problems with the glowplug electric inside the MD172612 K8T79081 (the glowplugs glowed during driving sometime, batterie goes empty because of that ) I always put the MD172612 K8T79081 out after starting. There was never a Problem with the automatic transmission.

Last year my Diesel Injection pump was damaged and replaced. After this, the L300 Delica won’t shift into third gear.  Is this because the MD172612 K8T79081 is not on the system ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Christian.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worth checking power is coming from the battery. I had a bad connector somewhere in the loom not feeding the relay.

There is a useful rambling conversation here with a few different problems and fixes mentioned
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50387

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: