2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Importing my 94 L400 into Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Importing my 94 L400 into Norway Reply with quote

I'm 1/2 way through getting my car into Norway. I need to get an "E mark" form which I presume is this EU conformity form. I see that I can get a full model report as I have a chasis PE8W from a company in the UK online. However as mine was a pre 97 model I didn't need an SVA which I presume is the equivalent to a "E mark"
Anyone here done anything similar and can give me a few pointers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see this thread has been a real hot bed of replies, anyway Its been about three months of wrangling, phone calls and fustration. But I am glad to say I am 99% there.

The problem as you know is that these are Jap imports so do not have EU certification. The norweigans gave me a website of all the aproved people in Europe that would test the car to European Standards to allow it for import. They also gave me a copy of an acceptable report from a company called TUV which are a german outfit that test all sorts of vehicles and are professionals at this.

I called the UK first, no good. The EVSA test here is not valid for import into Europe as it does not carry any EU directive codes on any of their tests so its just a waste of time trying to get it done in the UK.

Denmark wouldn't touch it as it's just one car and not for manufacture, Germany would do it but 2000 Euros to certify the brakes and 3000 to certify the emmisions, then there are lights sealt belts, noise and all the other stuff. I must have made dozens of calls to dozens of companys by this time.

Then I tried TUV Nord in Holland and after about four weeks I got through to a tester who has done this sort of thing before and could do it all for 164 Euros. A bargain!!. I sent him copys of the MOT's, Emission tests, SVA model report, and EVSA model report. Then I went down to holland to have the test done.
I get there, he takes a look at the van and fills out the paperwork. The problem I did come up with was the maximum weight allowance. These weigh 2190Kg and have a maximum alowable weight of 2580 Kg The average person is 75 Kg so the car can only take five persons not the seven the Delica is designed for. This is probably why it was never allowed in the EU in the first place. If you can either get a lower weight fully laiden or a higher max alowable weight then this will help you with the question of ripping out seats.

Now I get back to Norway with it the car and go see the traffick authority with the paperwork. Its okay but the guy in TUV nord has put in the wrong EU codes in that some of the codes were out of date before the date of manafacture 1994. This is a quick fix and can be done by the guy in TUV correcting the form so that the EU directives he quoted are correct for my year of manafacture.

Now I know this is a long story but it seems to me that no one wants to know about getting these cars EU certified, the EU certification is just a bloke with a car ramp and a huge database of car stats. Its not a test at all but a red tape hoop you have to jump through, unfourtunately the only place with the hoop in is Holland.

This is nothing but a paperwork exercise however it will allow you to import your car into Europe from the UK.

Now if any of this cr*p I have been through can be of help to anyone else then ask here for more details.

P.S
The car is still not on Norweigan plates.
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary ...

What a nightmare! Shocked

It's absolutely incredible that there isn't a simple, standard method for this kind of thing!

It's a great write-up, thank you!

please update here if/when there's any more to add!

ATB

Simon

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.

After 4.5 months, a needeless trip across europe and back again and eight visits to the Norwegian authorities with incorrect paperwork. I have my Deli in Norway on Norwegian plates. My advice for anyone importing one of these into Norway is don't. It's not worth the hassle or financal sting (8 grand).
However I have heard from another member who is getting his Deli into Norway for the bargain price of just a couple of LHD lights, his way is to get the MOD to do it. It's the easiest way by far.
I've got my legal Deli grin back.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my was that really 10 years ago !! You will be glad to hear that the van was fantastic, never let me down in Norway. The perfect vehicle for messing about in the snow.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... A Necroposter.  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
Oh my was that really 10 years ago !! You will be glad to hear that the van was fantastic, never let me down in Norway. The perfect vehicle for messing about in the snow.

hi gypsy, any chance you could send me a copy of your paper work?
trying the impossible now for Austria :-)
thanks
Peter
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly the L400 was officially imported into Germany for sale, though usually it was the 2WD version.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
peter_rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true but also 4WD cars with 2.5td engines were sold, at least here in Austria. if you find one they are either FUBAR or ridiculously expensive and still only 99horses...not sure if they were multiselect 4WD, have not even looked at one. Hyundai Starex same. I have a RHD Landcruiser and don´t mind it since 80tkm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: