4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Fuel pump reference pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YOZA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:17    Post subject: Fuel pump reference pictures Reply with quote

I have had my truck in bits, I took some snaps of the [ L400 TD ZEXEL 1995] diesel pump so you guys can see where all the bits live.

There you have it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

woodster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yoza I for one will find the pics very handy mate Wink
mark3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something i come across before......

if the timing marks on the casing are like they are in the first pic then fit your pump with its drive gear tdc marking at T, if the timing marks are lined up move it one tooth clockwise to N
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark3 wrote:
Something i come across before......

if the timing marks on the casing are like they are in the first pic then fit your pump with its drive gear tdc marking at T, if the timing marks are lined up move it one tooth clockwise to N

its been tried both ways mark , I'm almost certain the water in the fuel system has caused contamination in the pump , its far better now than it was initally but I'm still not happy with it  Sad on the bright side i have a known good pump which is a low mileage unit so it looks like thats going on it .

rick.
mark3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't meaning to diagnose a fault, i just thought i would mention it as its a good clear pic of the timing marks on pump and front plate in the first and second pic above, just something to bear in mind.

I have had a few pumps now where the timing marks between front plate and pump have been perfectly in line (usually there not) and installing it with the gear timing mark on T was effectively a tooth out, it had to be installed a tooth out clock wise for it to run properly.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos have gone AWOL!  Sad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: