Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

KAM Autos, Swindon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 22:13    Post subject: KAM Autos, Swindon Reply with quote

Just MOT'd Jasper & passed 2nd yr running.

KAM Autos are in the Kembery trading estate & just moved to a higher bay on the same estate (just across from their previous bay) so they can MOT high top commercial vans, Birch road I think.

They have a 5 ton MOT ramp, that shakes to check for loose ball joints - a bit disconcerrting at first when stood underneath. It beats all those levers & bars checking the ball joints.

The owner Mike is happy for you to look underneath whilst he has it up in the air.

One of his mechanics has a white L400 Deli and knows his way around one.

They now have a decent customer area to sit, read & get a cup of tea.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 22:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

23rdbase

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 0:43    Post subject: KAM autos Reply with quote

BEWARE  Evil or Very Mad

went in to have the front crank pulley replaced.. i got the parts from milners becuase they wanted £200+ for mitsi ones. fair enough

300 miles down the road my much loved Deli is now a write off.  Evil or Very Mad  chain guide snapped.  

relatively simple job bodged to the highest degree. of course no apology blah blah boo hoo
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your problems, but I am puzzled as to what work they undertook...

Is the chain guide you speak of, the cam chain guide ?
If so why would they need to touch anything to do with the cam chain when replacing a front crank pulley...

I managed to relpace my front crank pulley (the 2 part with moulded rubber holding it together at the front of the crank which drives all the belts, is that the same one as yours ?...), without going anywhere near the cam chain.

Is this just an unhappy co-insidence or are there other chains / guides in the mitsi that I don;t know of - as my knowledge is limited...
Spacemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they turned the engine over the wrong way whilst doing the job...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: