4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Kwik-Fit Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChayCarle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Kwik-Fit Service Reply with quote

Any Delica owner/s dealt with Kwik-Fit:

They are offering a full service for £179, seems good value for money.  Also offer Air Cond recharge for £25.  Any feedback would be appreciatted.

I do realise that managers of these places mey be on some sort commision scheme and this may result in a conflict of interest.  Being aware is being prepared.  Anyway all feedback will be welcomed.

Chay
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwick rip off be carefull if you can stay and watch what they do ,they will also check your brakes/tyres a mate 3 weeks ago took his citren c5 for an mot 03 plate it failed on brake pads and discs it cost him £510 YES £510 they must be made from gold bewere
keith

andyj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what they do you could do yourself in 30 mins for 41 quid

3 quid fuel filter (bout 10 min job)
8 quid oil filter (fram bout 20 mins)
+ 30 quid for 9l of oil  (magnatec from costco or makro)

and spend the rest on something FUN!

its great on their ads they show some well spoken fellas fitting a sat nav.. having a chat about some girls mp3 collection..

and when you get there its some 20 stone 17 yr old chav tosser....

kwik fit are a load of ill educated *beep* who know nothing about motors

... would not even trust them to fit wiper blades
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm..

I'd let them do the oil and filter... if they can find it in their book  :?

I got mine done at National Tyre... cost about the same as doing it myself and saved me the effort...

What they do for a "service" in my view is nothing you can't do yourself for free...

the service consists of lots of "checks".... which can lead to lots of parts being needed.....

the service is a hook to haul you in....
also watch out for the phone call...
"its going to cost "x" to fix... you say yes... then you return and it costs "y"...

because they say it was "x" +VAT.....

one more thing...

Delica's are not listed in many parts catalogues they use..... so they struggle..

let us know how you get on !
ChayCarle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 0:30    Post subject: Kwik Fit - Change of Mind Reply with quote

Thanks guys I'll do it myself after uyour advice.  Though the price of Magnatec is about £27 for 5ltr from Halford.  No Costco here unless anyone has an online source?

Anyway thanks again for the advice.

Chay
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quickfit used to have an offer where they would do a filter and oil change for 25 quid. I used that every 6 months as I found they were using genuine mitsi parts and good quality oil and were actually loosing money on the deal. They got p'd off in the end and put in a clause that fixed it so they could not loose money.
There is nothing wrong with quick fits service, its quick and very cheap and they have with me used good quality brand parts. Its probably one of the best deals I have had with the Deli. A 25 quid recharge for the aircon sounds very very cheap, so go for it. However go with the paper printed here for the ammount of gas you will need a 2.8 Paj uses a bit less and they probably will not have the Deli specs on the computer. A aircon must have the correct ammount for it to work correctly, also have a look around for some O rings that the aircon filler uses. They are easily broken and can add quids to a bill for something that costs pennys.
kasandrich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also own a Sorento, I went to kiwik fit to take them up on the fixed price oil change on any car up to 3.0 litre deal, because I couldn't buy the oil for the price they were offering, but they said my car wasn't listed in their book, so they couldn't do it! Shocked
John64
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i took my Deli to Kwik Fit to look at my brakes, they said No_way mate, we don't touch Jap Imports!!! i said, "But I'm English" they looked at me funny and said we was on about your car, NEXT!
                  "CELER ET AUDAX"
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwik Fits in Liverpool are shocking !!

I find them generaly rude and un-helpfull.... except the one on east prescot road...

and thats when I go in my company car... an Accord..!!

the Delica gets the "no mate its an import" routine !!!
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried all my local Twit Fits for an oil and filter change which was a no no from them all and would have more luck asking them to cook me a roast dinner.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
degoms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 20:50    Post subject: Kwik Fit. Reply with quote

The branch at Ilkley is excellent! They have done all sorts of odd jobs for me over the years often using parts I have bought from other suppliers. Last job they did was to re-charge both air con. systems for £45. I went in today with the exhaust front pipe which they found was the wrong one as it had a flange at both ends whereas mine doesn't have one at the rear end. Probably due to it being a stainless section I had made in Leeds at Longlife.
Drewski

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:41    Post subject: forgot to replace iol filler cap Reply with quote

I went to kwik fit in poole (cornwall) a couple of weeks ago for an oil flush and refill and filter change a couple of weeks ago all in it cost £40:00 with a 4x wheel off free brake check which to be fair has put the rear pads on a "to do list" and especially as it's free pads for life (had my Ssangyong on this deal and had 3 sets as it's used to chew through em) any was i digress......last Wednesday i nearly had a heart attack when i saw a slick on the tarmac bigger than the one the Exon Valdise left in it's wake. fearing the worst I opened the bonnet closed my eyes expecting the worst and yes there was no oil filler cap just this hole and a very nice looking cam chain and oil dripping off every thing and everywhere.

Phoned the manager and he accepted full responsability for the fact the lad had not insured the cap was on (found out 3 more cars had had the same problem and the lad no longer works there) The manager ordered a genuine Mitsi cap and arranged delivery to my house, (later found my original in sump gaurd so now have a spare) and invited me down for a full engine bay de-grease and steam clean, topped the oil up and gave me a £10 voucher to use against an aircon recharge free coffee and I got my arse seriously kissed.

Now to be fair the engine bay is now absolutely spanking gorgeous and I did put my sarnies on the air filter housing and a pork pie on my intercooler just so I could say it was clean enough to eat my dinner off. have to say though i'll be getting the regas for £15 in a couple of weeks and thats when me and kwik fit will part company for ever.

that is unless there tyres are cheaper than every where else at the time i need em

Drewski
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwikthick is strange it seems to be linked to the manager ie if he is good the branch is.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
aardvark
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Kwik Fit, Southend on Sea Reply with quote

I went to this lot to have my aircon recharged and got the impression from the resident numpty that it was put in with a shovel!
grasshole (RIP)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ats are just as bad, took our Nissan Tino for a re-gas which was done with a new machine while i waited, half an hour later all done, five day's later it was worse than it had been, went back, they said it must have a leak so could'nt do it again as there was no point, i says why did'nt they do a pressure check on it and he looked at me blankly so i demanded a refund, to which he said i would have to wait for a check in the post, well you can guess what happened, i left there with £40 from the petty cash, cheeky gits  Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: