Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Caravan Overwintering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00    Post subject: Caravan Overwintering Reply with quote

Hi

Just picked up the caravan from winter storage to take it to the dealers to have a floor delaminating problem fixed.  A few years ago I fitted a maximum/minimum inside/outside digital thermometer.  The minimum temp since putting it into storage was -8degC inside and -8.5degC outside.  I had obviously drained the van down prior to putting it into storage but I must fill it with water and test it before taking it out this season, hopefully in plenty of time to remedy any faults/get spares due to frost damage. BTW these temperatures were recorded in a covered barn with full walls on a nearby farm, NOT stored out in the open.

HTH

Cheers

David

PS I believe frost damage is NOT covered by any warranty/insurance policy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm only half a degree difference but i spose you would be out of the wind in it if winter camping is your thing.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Welsh Delicgon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost a shower head last year it was -12 then in the back garden, this year New Van (new to us) and it was -17 in the back garden.  Drained down, now waiting to test to see if there is any damage. The problem is costs seems to go up when you mention Caravan spares.

Cheers Mike.

Last edited by Welsh Delicgon on Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:28; edited 1 time in total
jennysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to put ours in for repair after a big blow out coming back from Somerset, ripped all the heating pipes out by the wheel arch, also damaged the wheel arch and alloy wheel. stored outside for winter, but went up and checked her a few times and looks okay. the last time we used her after a winter the kitchen tap had froze up and popped the lug off. so it leaked all over the floor. had to replace that. Crying or Very sad

MUSTAVIT ! AND JEN
steve b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've broken my key, so i can't get in...... got a key no. but main dealer does'nt make that series of key any more..... and the one key operates five locks...... any ideas appreciated pleeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee  Rolling Eyes
Lionsden
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give these people a call with the key number. I use them for all our keys at work and they've been able to do everyone so far.
http://www.lockdoctor.biz/keys.php

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Lionsden, I will give them a try  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: