Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Routes in Kent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green laning - routes / RoW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arc375

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 14:48    Post subject: Routes in Kent Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any routes in Kent? Had a look on an O.S. map around Sittingbourne, Faversham and the Island, but can only seem to find ones that are either only a mile or so long, or have been blocked off with concrete pipes.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 14:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

crazychris1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

checked out some lanes around maidstone called pilgrims way from rochester  to lenham all over grow with bushes will not get a Delica throgh went in a landrover it was like sitting in a cheese grarter Crying or Very sad
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:55    Post subject: Re: Routes in Kent Reply with quote

arc375 wrote:
Does anyone know of any routes in Kent? Had a look on an O.S. map around Sittingbourne, ....

Well I don't know the area well, but looking on Memory Map for BOAT's (Byeways Open to All Traffic) gives a few ideas;-

You can tell which they are by having what appear to be tracks with plus signs on them -+--+-, so you join them up in as good a route as you can, like this:-

Or this one over to the east of Wye that winds back and forth:-

Then you try to join them together with others to get as big a route as you can, Luckily there is the North Downs Way:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
crazychris1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

were can i get maps like them from?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Maps are normal Ordnance Survey maps, but I put the blue route on myself to show how you can find places to go!  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
crazychris1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help ilove to adventure
Tazza 327
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:41    Post subject: Green Lanes in Kent Reply with quote

Get this months T.O.R. (Total Off Road) Magazine, they are offering back issues of the magazine, which included their regular green lane feature showing green lane routes from various parts of the country.

I have used their guides to find the routes in Northamptonshire and they are very good and easy to follow, however you will need to buy the relevant O.S. map to use in conjunction with their guide.

Regards
Tazza 327
malcolmw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunataley Kent isn't the best place for finding byways etc. for Delicas, You can look through the Kent.gov website http://extranet7.kent.gov.uk/explorekentgis/map.aspx to see what routes are open, but be aware that altough it is open to all traffic most of the Pilgims Way is VERY narrow and overgrown.

I had chance to go down in old Landrover last year and it got very scratched and only just got through in some places. Some routes have bollards at each end, but you can get through.

There are some short stretches of open lanes around the Meopham area which I drove last year in my Delica without any difficulty, string them together with some back roads to make an afternoon drive. If I get chance later I'll knock up a quick map with them on.

L400 '96 Blue/Grey Exceed SWB
Just a few more bits added
Disco_Matt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth bearing in mind that TOR et al can only say what was open at the time they prepared the article. You need to check the lanes with the local council Rights of Way Office before driving them.

1996 LR Discovery 300TDI. It's an honourary Delica, or so I've been told!
Wylde1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a few near detling, if u go up detling hill and do a left before u get to the show ground there's quite a few down there. Some are really boring and I used to use them as short cuts when I was working for parcelforce and ldv's ain't great off road. Others are tracks the farmers use so the ruts are deep but the tracks r wide so u can ballance your way down them. Good luck and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green laning - routes / RoW All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: