Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Spring into Derbyshire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wibbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02    Post subject: Spring into Derbyshire Reply with quote

We had 6 Delis in total Carstairs, Malc, Soulman, Tanglemaster, Lewis and me

It was a pleasant weekend I arrived late due to trying to get rid of the girl who came back from Manchester with me Rolling Eyes
As i said... i would be totally useless on the Saturday and i was Rolling Eyes

When i arrived we had a location change from Dirtlow rake to a lovly little pub The 3 Stags Heads a few miles away

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/15/1518/Three_Stags_Heads/Wardlow_Mires

Then we headed out to do a few lanes on Sat afternoon
Monsal dale wot a fab lane Laughing  Laughing
sorry no pics of Sat afternoon i was in a bit of a mess Embarassed

Carstairs and Malc had asked to use the carpark to sleep so we stayed there for the night a pleasant strange place.

After everyone arrived and i had finished drivin back and forth from dirtlow-to wadlow checkin to see if more Deli's had arrived
we had a BBQ then went to the pub for last orders then got locked in and held hostage by this little fluffy monster....

The acting landlord offerd to buy us a drink from his finest selection of Ales, Carstairs had a coffee and i had a cup of tea to the landlords disgust Laughing  Laughing

Then it was off to bed leaving Lewis nursing his black lurcher while he  distracted the fluffy hare with the shotgun while we escaped.... Laughing

Sunday----
Was easy going on the trails just a few hours out there. Started with-----
Bamford clough---

Then onto Lady channings and houndkirk road meetin the nice land rover owner who rescude me in Cowm quarry in October Laughing (good to see him again)

Then up to Abney

Then Pindale Road

Soulman and Tanglemaster and Lewis headed off home at this point....So we headed back to the pub with the maps to find new lanes for us to go down with local knowledge........I'm afraid i Can't put anymore down about this one our guide had hunters rights for the land and showed us around  Wink

All in all and good weekend a nice number of Deli's to handle on the lanes I was lookin forward to a wild camp but waking up to a cafe with bacon eggs and a loo made up for it Wink

I hope eveyone enjoyed the lanes Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ange

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you all had a good time...SmileSmile

Ang x
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only joined in after working out where the pub was, after some night time offroading over Dirtlow Rake, to find nobody around, other than a courting couple, who got a bit of a shock when 3x 100 watt roof lamps lit them up!  Twisted Evil  A quick phone call to Wibbs let me know roughly where they were!  :?

After setting off down the road I came across Wibbs on a dark and windy road coming to collect me, so he turned around to guide me back to the rest of them, who were all huddled round a small fire clasping tins of refreshment!  Laughing  My hastily calculated map point was only 30 yards out!

I didn't get much done in the line of photo's and video of the Sunday do, but here's a small slideshow offering, which shown Greg making it up Pindale Lane, where he got stuck the last time he was there!

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Landrover lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great weekend but didn't do to many lanes  (black lurcher syndrome) What a great pub. we need to do this again. It was an easy weekend and good meeting new faces. I very nearly started singing with soulman :D  Nice one guys
Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guy's thanks to all of you especially Wibbs for doing so much running around and organising stuff,i had a great weekend, it was nice to be able put a face to some of the people who i've met on the forum and it was a lovely introduction to the Peak district, a different kind of off roading to the muddy Sailisbury plain kind that i've done so far and nobody got stuck, Bazza we missed you  :D Lewis even brought along an unsticking device especially but we didn't need it.

okay so here are the pictures i managed to get.

I arrived on Friday night and found a farm to camp in for a Fiver, with a lovely view of Mam Tor to wake up to.

After experiencing my first sleep on the back seats of the Deli it was off to Argos in Buxton first thing to buy an air bed to go on top, much better the next night, that left me with not a lot to do until the others turned up so i went to the meet area and spent a pleasant few hours in the Sun observing the wild life and generally chilling

A couple of pheasants squaring up over who's the daddy.

and the view

Eventually everyone turned up, (if anybody knows what those two metal bracket kind of things in the picture do please let me know)

and we were off to the first lane which i think was Monsal head, here's a view from the other side, we have to get up to the top over by that tree in the distance.

This was an extremely steep in low range kind of a lane the picture doesn't do it justice

But we all got to the top safe and sound

Then off to the pub, things go a little hazy at this point on account of the Black Lurcher  :D

But i woke up to find a strange two headed chicken guarding Wibbs' van

After that we went up a very steep broken concrete lane (no picture sorry)

And then we were off down the long and winding road that leads to Lady Channings?

finally ending up at Pindale

Thanks again to everybody i had a great time. I wish i could have stayed longer but it took 4 1/2 hours to get home.  Sad

Regards

Chris
Carstairs
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 19:14    Post subject: good time Reply with quote

I had a really good time, nice to meeet some new faces and also nice to see the old ones again.
For some reason I didn't take many photos but here are a few.

Next time we camp in camping feild on same side as pub. Only £2 a night.  Shocked
Tanglermaster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the intro to off roading - the wife and I had a great time- looks like a few Mods to the old girl are in order( the Delica not the wife)
Cheers
Mark & Donnagh (and CJ)
Bioman

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good  :D  can i come next time?? as long as it's gentle and none damaging.Bioman
Malcolm Adlington

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:59    Post subject: On Three Stags Heads and Black Lurcher... Reply with quote

...can we do this one again please? Malc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: