4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Ashton Court (nr Bristol) meet - Easter Monday

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 22:30    Post subject: Ashton Court (nr Bristol) meet - Easter Monday Reply with quote

Below are copies of relevant info from the 'Easter-ish meet for the West Country crew' thread.

This post is for information only

Please keep postings in the 'normal' thread: http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2958

From Mystery Machine
Hi Ian & all,

Astra (sorry - INDIGO!) & I had discussed the possibility of Ashton Court Estate just on the outskirts of Bristol.

As an alternative to WSM beach (due to the rather chillier climate) Ashton Court is fairly easy to get to from the motorway and has good facilities i.e. toilets & tearooms.

It also has LOTS of parking giving a good opportunity to get a nice line-up and keep the group together. You can have picnics and BBQ's as long as the BBQ is not directly on the grass and there are many MANY acres of lovely walks, good bike trails and lots of space to let the dogs run wild!! :D

One other benefit is the photo opportunity outside the Manor House! Imagine the setting - lovely picturesque manor house with a line of burly Deli's outside!!

I don't live too far from the place and would be happy to have a small convoy back to mine for a cuppa & warm-up afterwards if toes and fingers start to go green!! (the driveway can take about 6 Deli's and there's plenty more room out in the road!!)

I'm up for it - depending on dates! Wink

Cheers,

Bruce.

From IanFJ
Sounds good to me Bruce, even closer to home that Weston was. Maybe I can get a trophy for the LEAST distance travelled Shocked Shocked

So the two front runners appear to be:

* Ashton Court, main advatage being that entry is free. http://www.forestofavon.org.uk/ashtoncourt.html

IanJ

From Mystery Machine again
Ian, just a point to note: If you go in the entrance you described - you cannot drive to the house or the main car park in front of it.

1170cbx has given the directions to get in the 'alternative' entrance which takes you past Bower Ashton college and straight into the estate section that leads to the manor house. This section (the bit in front of the house - where all the ice-cream vans park) is called 'The Bowl'.

It's The Bowl where I would recommend we meet because there is easy access to all the ammenities and the parking is flat, plentiful and good!

I've put the details of getting to the main 'Bowl' area in the photo below.

But if the meeting place is to be held elsewhere, let me know and I'll remove the picture to save any confusion!!

Regards,

Bruce.

I think that covers all the main info.
Hope you don't mind me copying your posts chaps Wink

Hope to see you there...
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 22:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 22:43    Post subject: Latest list of attendees... Reply with quote

Latest list of attendees
(Copied from IanFJ's post)

IanFJ and Joan
Bigpantsblue
1170CBX
Mystery Machine (do we get to meet the mysterious other half Bruce?)
Arctic Fox (blow not another white one)
Mr. H
Mcpingu
Rustysparks (if there are kebabs) Wink
Crossbones
Brian B
Wilky
The Kitten, mrs Kitten and two little moggies
Marcus Bloke
Mini
Kaz451
Daz (Providing shelter Wink ) Laughing
John Cook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 21:18    Post subject: ashtoncourt Reply with quote

what a good day at ashton . nice to meet you all from steven with the silver Deli
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: