4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Original speaker ratings??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 22:24    Post subject: Original speaker ratings?? Reply with quote

Hi y'all....
Well, my replacement Sony headunit should turn up tomorrow :D
I've got the single DIN fascia panel thingy and the wiring adapter (hopefully the right one, I'll find out tomorrow)...as per recommendations from this forum, so thanks guys, much appreciated Wink

It's occured to me that I don't know what the rating is of the original speakers. The manual doesn't have the info., and I haven't come across it in the forum (although I could be looking in the wrong place.).

Can anyone please advise ?

I think my new headunit is 4x50w, so obviously 50w would be good Smile

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 22:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm reasonably happy for the time being with my original system. I say that as someone who has a 'mega' system i.e. big amp, crossovers and Subs etc in my company van Wink But the man in the know is our very own OldSkool Beat who says that the quality is improved greatly with after market speakers... And who am I to argue Laughing Personally, I've always liked Kenwood and Alpine gear but the choice is vast :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original speaker ratings are.......wait for it...........don't laugh......................

Front 10 watts
Rear 15 watts

They are all single cardboard cone jobs like out of an old Bush wireless! Bin them asap. I had to bin mine when my Kenwood 50w per channel HU blew them up within a few second of me seeing how loud it would go.
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, you saved me Wink , after the big intro Rusty gave me (Thanks Rusty Wink ) I didn't know what the wattage was as I took them out and binned them straight away Laughing
The original speakers didn't sound to bad but wouldn't stand up to the new amps, so removed them, they didn't sound bad at all considering the cone had fallen apart Shocked

Still worth trying them Dave, as your set might be better than mine Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Pajeropah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fitted a 4 x 40w cd player to mine and still have the original speakers for the time being. So long as you don't wind the sound right up they seem to be okay! Clarity of sound improved no end over the original Mitsy radio/cassette. As a stop gap though I haven't found any problems with the original speakers, however I will be replacing the speakers in the new year once the finances improve after the holidays!
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be amazed at what a difference some decent speakers will make. All of a sudden you realise there are high frequency sounds and deep bass stuff that you never even knoew existed in the music you listen to! And you can hear words to songs as well!
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, just as I suspected. Recently had an old Volvo that I swapped the headunit on, then found 10w speakers...managed to improve substantially on that for less than £100 all in (ROFL) Laughing
...Anyway, headunit arrived this a.m....noticed a set of Sony 6x9s for £15 in the classifieds last night....might make a call.

In the meantime, "we're" decorating the kitchen, so sounds goes onto hold for a few hours Crying or Very sad ....but the kitchen did need doing Smile

Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: