2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

SVA documentation query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 23:17    Post subject: SVA documentation query Reply with quote

Hi,
Here's the second time of typing this query as I lost the original due to a timeout...and it was such a good post Embarassed ...still.....

I recently bought a new Delica.

I bought it from a local trader. I believe it was imported approximately 13 months ago and has had at least two owners + the trader.

The only documentation I received was 2 MOT certificates and New Keeper Supplement of the Reg doc.

The 2 MOT's are the current one which expires Sept. 2005 and the previous one. The trader indicated the previous one which has a stamp on showing "Re-Registered as......(new UK reg no.)", shows the mileage at the date it was converted to mph from kph, i.e. 130769.
I've tested the mileage being recorded against distance signs locally and it is definitely recording miles rather than kms, so all seems okay there. Obviously the way to work overall mileage out will be deducting '130769 from current' and adding to '130769 converted to miles'

Also the registration doc. shows under date of first registration '01/11/2003 (DECL/D MANUF 1994), whereas the MOT certificate shows under approx. year vehicle first used as 1993.

Apologies for length of post, but just setting the scene ready for the queries Laughing

So,

Query 1. - Should I/ the vehicle have any other documentation relating to the SVA or does the standard DVLA reg. docs (V5?) cover it ?

Query 2. - Is it reasonable to follow the advice about the previous MOT being issued at the time of importation (word or not? - not sure??) and therefore mileage is as stated ?

Query 3. - Is the discrepancy between DECL/D MANUF 1994 on reg. doc and 'approx year vehicle first used' of 1993 on the MOT a sign of someone pulling a fast one on the 10 year rule at import time or probably just 'one of those things' ?

With regards to q.2&3, are there any central repositories of information where I can verify, i.e. Mitzy verifying year of manufacture of VIN PE8W-0005867, and similar for imported vehicle mileage on 1st inspection ?

Again, apologies for length of post, and I realise I may be looking for problems that aren't there, but I'd rather find out now at the beginning rather than in the middle of an insurance claim - those b*ggers'll do anything to get out of honouring obligations if you give 'em a chance, right??

Anyways, thanks for any constructive advice in advance and here's hoping that you've all had a darn fine Christmas / Yuletide / Whatever you celebrate (Delica Day anyone??), snow or no :D

Cheers,
Dave
-off to the cheese 'n' wine to finish the day (and me) off.... 8)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 23:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Query 1. - Should I/ the vehicle have any other documentation relating to the SVA or does the standard DVLA reg. docs (V5?) cover it ?

A- the SVA doc gets sent to DVLA in order to register the vehicle. Some dealers will keep a photocopy, most won't. So long as the vehicle has been registered there's nowt to worry about with regards to SVA.

Query 2. - Is it reasonable to follow the advice about the previous MOT being issued at the time of importation (word or not? - not sure??) and therefore mileage is as stated ?

A- not really. You can assume that this was the first MOT as it will have the vehicle chassis number and then the reg number added by DVLA at registration. However, you can't assume the mileage is correct as this is only what the odometer reading was at time of MOT. However, with an odometer reading of 130000km it is highly unlikely it has been clocked and this is more than likely to be genuine. I'd be more worried about a reading of 50000km. You can get BIMTA to verify the mileage at time of auction in Japan. Or, in the new year, send me an email and I can get it checked properly by a company I deal with in Japan.

Query 3. - Is the discrepancy between DECL/D MANUF 1994 on reg. doc and 'approx year vehicle first used' of 1993 on the MOT a sign of someone pulling a fast one on the 10 year rule at import time or probably just 'one of those things' ?

A- probably just one of those things. The declared manufactured on the reg doc will be correct as this information is taken from the Japanese deregistration document which is also sent to DVLA with the V55/5.

With regards to q.2&3, are there any central repositories of information where I can verify, i.e. Mitzy verifying year of manufacture of VIN PE8W-0005867, and similar for imported vehicle mileage on 1st inspection ?

A- Mitsubishi can provide you with an official letter confirming date of manufacture but it will cost you probably about £60. What I can tell you for fact though is that your Delica was manufactured in 1994 as this is the first year of production of the Delica Spacegears which have chassis prefixes PD, PE and PF. I have just sold PE8W_0005885 which is late 94, and yours is only 18 vehicles before this.

Again, apologies for length of post, and I realise I may be looking for problems that aren't there, but I'd rather find out now at the beginning rather than in the middle of an insurance claim - those b*ggers'll do anything to get out of honouring obligations if you give 'em a chance, right??

A- No worries and welcome to the club!

Pete
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,
Many thanks for the comprehensive response, very much appreciated. Certainly put to bed my initial concerns and as such I won't be requesting you carry searches out on my behalf, but again, thanks for the offer :D .
I had similar thoughts about the mileage regarding clocking. Of course the thought then is at which point would it have been converted and therefore which figure is used to work out miles rather than kms from, so thanks again for that assurance.
I hope I can contribute in some useful way to the club and don't end up just taking Wink
Cheers,
Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: