4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Switches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stonecold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 20:32    Post subject: Switches Reply with quote

Anyone know what the switch is on my Super Exceed on the same bank of switches on the dashboard to the right of the wheel near the light dimmer switch, it is a black rocker switch with a red led light on it which lights up when I press it sometimes and when I turn my alarm off ( toad thatcham II) it flashes constantly sometimes? I'm lost - it doesn't seem to turn anything on or off just lights up and flashes when my alarm dis arms? It's not the alarm activated led, thats next to it drilled into the dash itself.

I'll try get a photo of it if you don't know what I'm talking about - Cheers javascript:emoticon('Twisted Evil')
Twisted Evil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 20:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought this was for your rear fog light but to have it flashing when you operate the alarm that don't sound right.

Hth
   Eddie
stonecold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 21:40    Post subject: Not the rear fog lamp Reply with quote

Just been and had a look - dimmer - rear fog lights - then this switch - I think it's something to do with my toad alarm? I have noticed my doors lock after a certain time ans then after some time further the alarm arms itself - I think it must be something to do with that?

Whilst on about toad alarms - anyone know where you can get a new remote control from as mine only came with one - I've seen them on ebay - same frequency as mine - but presume they need a code?

Cheers javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing
Davy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad will send you a fob and instruction manual for £65 with the PIN number, you have to give them the serial number from the alarm unit which in my case was under the steering column.
I
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:20    Post subject: Re: Not the rear fog lamp Reply with quote

stonecold wrote:
I have noticed my doors lock after a certain time

I agree the red switch is probably an aftermarket  foglight switch fitted in the UK as the Japanes don't have rear foglights fitted. It should only function if the side lights are on. But as to why it flashes I'm not sure, it could be due to where its wired into the main loom.

As for the door locking thats normal:-

Autolock - Grade Option:

After starting the engine all doors autolock when speed goes above 20Km/h

Active Power Lock - Grade Option:

Side slide door will automatically close if left slightly open (warning do not have fingers in way)

Remote Control Entry - Grade option

If the interior is left in the centre position the lamp will flash twice to indicate the door is locked and will turn on for a few seconds to indicate the doors are unlocked.  

Doors will lock automatically when the door is unlocked using remote control but door is not opened within 30 seconds.
Drivers door control panel unlock switch should be used to unlock all doors.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Davy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toad will also re-lock the doors if you have unlocked using the fob but haven't opened a door within a set time (60secs i think).
stonecold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 14:32    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

Whilst cleaning the dash today I found a unit connected to the alarm hanging under near the foot pedals too off the alarm unit - it has a swich and led on it - it's off so will leave it that way until I get my toad book to sort it - thanks once again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: