4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Dent removal...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 15:21    Post subject: Dent removal... Reply with quote

All my pride is now in tatters; my undented Delica has one.

Reversed into a low tree (very slowly) and dented the tailgate above the window. It's not a HUGE dent and the paint is undamaged, but it's there and quite deep.

Has anyone dented the same place and got a dent-wizard or similar type firm that could remove it without filling the area? If not I'll just live with it until I find a good secondhand tailgate in the right colour.

"Osiris" - Citroën C6 HDi
Plus A-class and MX5 shared.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 15:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Foxy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

There's some nice stickers available........ Wink

Perhaps 2 crossed pieces of sticking plaster with a hand written "ouch"?

(To be sensible, no...when I ...erm.....ahem....destroyed, okay, I destroyed it, my land rover back door, they had to put a complete new door on, but - oh eck ,,,hope I not tempting fate! - no experience of Delica stuff in that way.....and hopefully never will...fingers crossed!_
RichardK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the screen washer pipe goes in there, in a big rubber section. Which means... access right behind the dent :D

green1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't speak for the UK, however around here there are all sorts of auto-body shops that advertise "paintless dent removal" for exactly that sort of thing... check around and I'd bet you guys have places like that too...
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does depend on the type of dent. Paintless Dent Removal is well established in this country but you need to get a reputable person to do it. You are looking at about £80 squids for the first dent and 30 - 40 for subsequent (on same vehicle)

Go to a local 'prestige' secondhand car sales place and ask them which company/person they use
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how good your DIY skills are but there is always this item to try, for £7 there's not much to loose:-

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht273-suction-dent-puller

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RichardK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had paintless dent removal; I wish I'd taken pictures.

I had a Peugeot 306 Cabriolet back in 2001; was pulling out of the garage and swung around too soon, catching the panel behind the passenger door against the garage door frame. Pushed in one of the largest, fixed panels on the car.

I thought I had destroyed my nice, original car.

Tried a Denmaster-type thing in desperation. They came out, and £95 later, all was well. Couldn't tell I'd really mangled my 306.

I did call one before I'd checked the tailgate inner properly and they seemed reluctant, but I reckon they'd be fine knowing it's got access.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: