2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

A few questions from a new owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g samuel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 18:05    Post subject: A few questions from a new owner Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a 2.5td Delica exceed, I'm having a bit of trouble with a few things, and I thought someone here may have the answers. Firstly, at what mileage do Mitsubishi reccomend changing the timing belt/s, secondly What is the correct tyre pressure for the 215/80r15 tyres. and thirdly, there must be an easier way of filling the front washer bottle? does it pull out or something?
Thanks for you help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 18:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey and welcome to the club :D
1) Timing belts on the 2.5 are reccomended by mits at 60,000 miles but in all honesty if you don't know the background of the vehicle then id reccomend havin new belts anyway,for the cost of the belts and piece of mind it will be far cheaper than a snapped belt! when you change the belts theres the main timing belt and also a balance belt,the best place to get them is here www.milnerconv.co.uk/Delica.htm .

2)Approx pressure should be 30psi or 2bar that seems to be the norm for most people,i have a sticker on my door shut stating 2 bar for that size of tyre,

3)unfortunately i own an L400 so I'm unable to answer that one for you Sad but I'm sure an L300 owner will be along to answer you soon :D

Hope that helps you matey enjoy the new toy and enjoy the club,all the best

Marc 8)

AndyLaser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the front washer bottle, I use one of the "cranked" plastic funnels from Halfords. I will admit, it is a right pain.
Joey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pull it towards the seat, take care it is a tight fit don't want you doin your back in !!!.
g samuel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps, Joey are you saying that after weeks of fumbling around with a half a bottle and a bit of hose all I have to do is pull the bottle out!!!
Cheers
Joey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah mate,it's that easy !!!!
chiefie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam belt are actually done on a 54000 mile service but whats 6000 miles between friends eh. lol Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: