2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wider tyres?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 20:59    Post subject: Wider tyres? Reply with quote

Hi folks does any one know the biggest <widest> tyres i can fit to my standard L400 alloys. at the moment I'm am running 235.75.15 but they look a bit puny.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 20:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

johnny diamond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

i run 30x9.50x15 the largest without mod seams to be 31x10.5x15 having said that a lot of owners are reporting having to trim the arch a little probably due to sag in the suspension after ten years :D
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

235s are the widest you can fit on the standard 6" rims.

There are many sites where you can get sizing info, but I like this one: http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp
HTHs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good website rusty, make a note of that one!! Looks like i Can't go wider without bigger rims. Crying or Very sad
REDNECK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a slightly different note I have after market rims on mine, how can i measure the width without taking the tyres off :?

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

The width of the rim is the bit accross the inside of the rim that the tyre sits in. Not the actual width of the outside of the rim.
I've got a diagram somewhere... Hang on I'll find it Wink

Most rims should be marked somewhere as to the size.

Here's the diagram:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what i meant rusty I can't find any markings and with the tyre fitted it's sitting on the bit i need to measure (if you see what i mean)

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember once having to do this. I think I took the wheel off and put it on a bench and using a straight edge across the edge of the rim measured thro the centre of the wheel to the surface of the bench.... Bit hard to explain really but eventually got a (very) rough estimate of the width. A good tyre shop should have some large calipers which would wrap round the tyre and measure the rim itself. They should then be able to guess :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: