4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Failed French SUV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irwyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting my Deli into the French system at the mo.
Don't go near the DRIRE.  The lady at ours was not helpfull.
I did get a document which says just go to the prefecture and it,s a very simple process.  This I did and it is.

If anyone wants a copy of the document email me off line.

All the best,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 18:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Raymondo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Portugal last year I took my Deli in to the Mitsubishi Garage to have the brake pads changed and they told me they sold The L400 Deli there but only the basic version (ie no windows in the roof and no 4 wheel drive) By the way the mechanic who insisted in taking it for a test drive was gone for about an hour!( I think he was posing)

Ray

Delica Exceed L400 1994 Green/Grey
Jensen Interceptor 440 cu inch (7.2 ltr)
Saab 9.3 diesel
sam in france

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Like i said before as i am aware the only place that sells the Delica in Europe in 4WD mode and i believe only in petrol mode is Switzerland, it is part of Europe but is not part of the European Union

Other Countries do sell the 2WD version though

Regards

Sam
matthew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 16:08    Post subject: failed French SUV Reply with quote

Irwyn,Been following Sams heroics but you seem to have bypassed all the nightmares posed by our French hosts,how many palms have you greased?who do you know at the heart of the French government,I must have names and amounts required for the bung,been in the Pyrenees Atlantiques for 4 years now and feel its time to drive around in a legitimate Deli rather than look away evertime I pass monsieur le plod on the side of the road,having said that I was hit up the harris by a drunken female three times over the limit whose vehicle was totalled and she was hospitalised,but never once did plod ask for a controle thingy or question my registration details either verbally or when completing the accident statement in the back of the plodmobile,but,the time will ultimately arrive when some zealous young gendarme will do his job efficiently and I will have my collar felt,I am insured of course and I have my renewals sent without fail ever year but I'm sure that in the event of a serious'fault' claim Gan will suddenly realise that the vehicle does not comply because of registration(and of course no controle technique which is very much down to me) I can't Email you for details because I'm a rookie and am not allowed to approach you direct until i've had ten postings!!,can you possibly E mail me with details of this magic form,
Many thanks Matthew(but really Tony)
gduffydc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just post it all in this space... our Delica is about to emigrate (permanently) to spain this christmas and i'm still not sure how we're gonna insure it/whether to get it transferred etc!
rebelrider4711

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 19:09    Post subject: Delica in Europe Reply with quote

Hi Sam in France, all i have to offer is Niek of this club has bought a new Delica in Holland, so he should know the ins and outs, maybe. He is very informative about these things. hope this helps you.... Franklyn....

Delica exceed Star Wagon 2.5 TD Auto 4x4 1993
   Green over gold .........................Cool......
        Low roof, Roofrack, Rear Ladder            S.W.B.  L300 / bike  Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar. 2002
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

gduffydc wrote:
Or just post it all in this space... our Delica is about to emigrate (permanently) to spain this christmas and i'm still not sure how we're gonna insure it/whether to get it transferred etc!

Try sending a PM to LOBO, He & his missus live near Alicante, He should be able to give you some insurance advice and registration details.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlieK wrote:
Hi! We're going to be trying to import one into France too, but are still at the first hurdle: Who insures yours while it is still UK registered? We're having a job finding someone who will offer Europe-wide cover for it to be avroad for more than 60 days consecutively. We've only just bought it and have to won it for 3 months before we can even start the scary-sounding re-registering process?

Hi Charlie, I too live in France and will be taking my Deli back to Chatel at the end of the month. I'll also be looking into importing it over the course of the next 90 days! I Know of two insurersthat will happily insure uk reg'd vehicles. One is located in Abondance and the other is in Morzine I don't know the names of hand but will mail a couple of people and post back.
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply!!!!! the name of the company in Abondance is Grouprama! hope this helps!
matthew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 19:55    Post subject: don't go near the D.R.I.R.E Reply with quote

Irwyn,
Have posted and mailed you for details of this magic form but to date no reply,I've heard rumours that the French government are considering the possibility of refusing to re register righthand drive vehicles and that French insurers are not renewing cover on non registered vehicles?.This obviously makes the process of registration even more urgent,can you possibly give details of the form that you used to obtain your french number,be ever so obliged,
Matthew(but really Tony)
LS20
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:

Peter désolé que je ne comprends pas pourrait vous parler en anglais svp

Peter = to fart ???? scratch

I understand the rest about how you're sorry that you do not understand and can he speak English  Laughing  Laughing

How great to be
a fish or a duck
Swim round all day
and not give a flip
Beastlee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

gduffydc wrote:
Hi Steve, as i understand the headlights are the same as for the L400 panel van which come up regularly on ebay austria, germany, and less so france. I'm still in the market for a LHD Delica/similar so I have a permanent "favourite search" on ebay which emails me when stuff of interest comes up.
I'm sure there are some sites (not ebay) for delis abroad, but I never found them!
Good luck,
Glenn
ps. where you off to?....

I've asked just this question recently.  Was there any truth to the Rumor?

Actually I just had a thought, I have the Mitsubishi CAPS / ASA tool for passenger car parts cross reference.
okay part numbers on a RHD Super Exceed are MR162651(L) and MR162652(R).  They match a 1994 Fuso truck which are available in most European Countries.  I also have a link to a German supplier but not sure if the following is the right one for a pre-1996 lamp.  I tried to add it but apparently I haven't posted enough times to add a link.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beastlee wrote:
 I also have a link to a German supplier

Is this any use:- http://alexparts.com/partdetail.asp?proid=8680

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Beastlee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I ended up down that route too.  The Fuso is a single square lamp and nothing like an L400.

I've like a dog with a bone on this and the biggest problem I have found is that despite the number of threads discussing this matter there isn't actually any usable information.  There is mention of the Hyundai H1 being similar and that others have managed to locate the Mitsi LHD lamps but nobody posts the proper part numbers once they have them or confirms if the Hyundai units fit.  Clearly a number of members have had success and it would be really helpful if they posted the correct part numbers so that the rest of us can find them.

I have however had a small glimmer of hope in that there appear to be a large number of L400 vans in Holland with the correct shape lamps, unfortunately Google really is a waste of space trying to locate the parts or part numbers.  I'm sure Mitisi NL could obtain them for me but then I need to pay another quarter the price of the car just to have the lamps.    I have a friend in Holland who may be able to help locate pattern parts, I'll report back if I get any news.

Unfortunately I can't buy a Delica until I find the LHD lamps for them as I am only permitted to use the vehicle for 30 days in Germany before I get in a lot of trouble.  British Forces Germany (BFG) has it's own method of registering the cars overseas and whilst I export it to Germany it doesn't get registered in Germany.  Instead it follows special procedures which include a Roadworthiness Test similar to the MOT, run by BFG.  Part of this is a lighting test and you must have LHD lamps to pass, deflectors will not do, and even the new Bi-Xenon lamps with the this flat beam option will fail.  This has been a bone of contention for many people who bought cars 2 years ago and now need to spend anything up to £3000 just to keep running the car for anything from a month to 2 years.  So unless I get LHD lamps it's pointless us looking for a Deli.

I am very determined and will post again as soon as I get some worthwhile info.

Car #1 For getting there fast : 1996 Legnum VR4 with a few modifications
Car #2 The only one in Germany : 1997 RVR Hyper Sports Gear R
Beastlee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Finally a useful answer. Reply with quote

okay so I have definitely tracked down at least one pair of headlamps from a LHD in Holland.  It's 200€ all in by the time I have them delivered to my friend's house in Holland and then forwarded to me in Germany but I can live with that if it means I can get a Deli in Germany!

I did manage to get the Mitsubishi ASA/CAPS for Europe too so I can now confirm the following part numbers for pre-97 headlamps :

Right Hand Drive - UK/Japan
Right Lamp (Driver's side) = MR162651
Left Headlamp (Passenger Side) = MR162652

Left Hand Drive - EU/US
Right Lamp (Driver's side) = MR162655
Left Headlamp (Passenger Side) = MR162656

From what I was originally priced at my local Mitsi dealer it's at least 200€ + tax (19%)/side for the LHD lamps.  If anyone needs some I can probably get sets from the supplier in Holland, approx 200-250€ delivered to you.

Will let you know what turns up here.

Regards
lee

marcel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a Deli in Holland one of two which are here. drives nice  :D and i know a guy in Norway which has had problems of registration in Norway, so i sent him to de registration office in Holland and they organized papers for it
Beastlee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel, do you know of anyone who can supply headlamps for the LHD market?
Regards
Lee

marcel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep not a problem, i have bought them myself from a L400 van . i can ask if you like , only this weekend i am in the UK NEC Birmingham motorshow. i can order them even from mitsubishi . just PM me details ofwhat you want.
marcel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you live in monchengladbach you are living near to me . Duisburg-Arnheim- Bocholt Aalten-Groenlo- BORCULO (Holland), a friend of mine lives in Sprokelhoven drives a 1990 pajero longbody i owns a lancer turbo and an evo 2 also.
Beastlee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel, I do live there.  I see you like Mitsubishi cars, we do too and have an 8G VR4 that I whizz back and forth to Roermond in.  Perhaps we can meet up in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: