Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Help Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarmacdemon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 22:50    Post subject: Help Needed Reply with quote

okay i have a 2.5 super exceed and all was well until in the engine bay the pully thing that the belts all go on (power sterring etc) fell of as the bolt had worked loose so i have no idea of timing marks and i have been told i might of bent a valve? also this pully wheel is worn in the centre where it is keyed. It has been sat in my drive for about a year now and i really need to get her going again so any help would be nice or if your local to the warrington area the kettle is on if you want to have a look to see what I'm on about or you could point me in the right direction for parts/help.

Thanks in advance

John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 22:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey and welcome to the club :D

It sounds like the crankshaft pully and bolt has gone waywards which is a relatively common prob with the 4D56 2.5 engine Sad if the pully has come of it may well have knackered a few things depending on what was happening when it went,it sounds like its knackered the woodruff key as well Sad it can be a fairly expensive repair as the pully alone is a couple of hundred and the bolt is only a few quid,if you have a look at our sister site pocuk and go to the search and type in crankshaft you will find a few threads explaining whats what and what the likely outcome of repiar is, http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results i hope that will help you in your repairs matey ile try and find some specific threads for you to look into ,this may help http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15446&highlight=crankshaft

atb Marc 8)

tarmacdemon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks marc for the quick reply. Lucky for me the engine was just ticking over as i was trying to listen for a knocking sound when the thing fell off Sad
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI John
If you was just tixking over at the time then you may well be lucky in the damage it has caused,i meant to say about parts but I'm pretty sure the crankshaft pully and the bolt are mits parts only hence the price Sad ,now i don't know your mechanical skills but it is quite a difficult job apparently and also ensuring the keyways on the crank aren't damaged or need replacing too,I've read the cost over at pocuk can run in to 4 figures and i don't mean99.99 Sad ,i hope you get it all sorted cheaply matey ,if theres anything else we can help with then shout away,also bear in mind the bolt has a monster of a torque setting on it as well,i shall find it and post up for you,all the best

Marc 8)

Mad Dave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:
HI John
If you was just tixking over at the time then you may well be lucky in the damage it has caused,i meant to say about parts but I'm pretty sure the crankshaft pully and the bolt are mits parts only hence the price Sad ,now i don't know your mechanical skills but it is quite a difficult job apparently and also ensuring the keyways on the crank aren't damaged or need replacing too,I've read the cost over at pocuk can run in to 4 figures and i don't mean99.99 Sad ,i hope you get it all sorted cheaply matey ,if theres anything else we can help with then shout away,also bear in mind the bolt has a monster of a torque setting on it as well,i shall find it and post up for you,all the best

Marc 8)

If you're good with mechanics I have a complete L300 engine for sale... All belts and pulleys are fine and it's sweet as a nut and can be seen running. I'd not want to take it out myself though coz it's still in the Deli I'm in Manchester about 15 miles from you so if ya want to pop over and have a look, it might be the best option:shock:

1993 2.5 Exceed "Battle Bus"
tarmacdemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 23:52    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

thanks for the replies its nice to know theres some out there to turn to
since my last post the head has been removed a full gasket set obtained the valves have been inspected re ground now just waiting for it to be pressure tested and skimed and then its going back together .
it was easier than expected to do the engineering shops i was misled by don't got the job . they can keep there sumisations to them selves in future or shouild i say there gueses .
with a bit of luck good weather and time it should be done by next bank holiday Monday (figers crossed )
once again guys thanks :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: