4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Southern counties 4x4 (thurrock)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hairyben

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Southern counties 4x4 (thurrock) Reply with quote

bought my L400 off SOUTHERN COUNTIES 4X4 last november. It had a number of faults including fuel pump, malfunctioning sunroofs, faulty horn. To cut a long story short, they had it on 4 occasions taking up most of 7 weeks. each time causing considerable inconvenience to me- without it I couldn't work properly, certainally not in the junk trade in loan cars* I was allowed to use. Every time the vehicle was returned it was with all the faults remaining, or temporarily bodged to work for a couple of days. I'm not sure the fuel pump is properly fixed - I very much doubt so- and the sunroofs definately arn't. The warrenty is not worth the paper its written on, as all he'll say if I complain is to return it (at considerable inconvenience to me) and they'll fix things, which they obviously don't. One time I picked it up and (I think) the timing and kickdown was out - it was really sluggish and would not go over 50 mph. upon taking it straight back the dealer told me it was fine, "just I wasn't driving it properly, it's not a sports car". Evan after he drove it and experienced the fault he was still trying to fast talk out of it.

another fault that will suprise some of you- the trim piece around the in dash cd player had been superglued on, and fell off the first day, with the cd player starting to recede into the dashboard. And lots of lovely superglue residue all over the centre console. Upon pointing this out to them SOUTHERN COUNTIES 4X4 informed me "its not possible to install a radio any better than this in this type of vehicle."

Note superglue residue from dealers attempt to secure the cd-tuners trim piece.

Take a look at the battery- assured by the southern counties 4x4 at time of sale all their vehicles come with new batteries. Obviously they have a good supply of tired looking japanese batteries.

Tyres. 3 of the supplied tyres have now failed. one actually failed -at speed on the motorway- less than 48 hours after he 'repaired' it from the first time, which had been only a couple of days after I picked it up. After that I went elsewhere for tyre repair.

*loan cars (the junk that got traded in that week): I have never driven anything that left me so scared. I actually had to put off a visit as I couldn't keep one in a straight line on the motorway without fighting it constantly. read into that what you will.

In summary, I can go on all day, like I said after a couple of months the vehicle was running so I had to cut my losses and accept that returning the vehicle to southern counties 4x4 was causing me me more stress and money than it was worth, and after the forth time they left me a hint that they were bored of the game by way of lots of mud and oily figermarks in the van.

The forth time I picked it up I arrived to find the dealers somewhat bling range rover had been boxed in by a lorry when attempting to leave and a massive arguement was in place. the lorry driver was a previous customer.

I hope this helps other make their purchasing decisions.

now gone Sad

merc vito 120- eaten 2 EGR's in 6k bandhead
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hairyben

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I've just checked, the dealer in question appears to have moved and no longer ne in thurrock, these are the people i'm refering to:

http://www.southerncounties4x4center.com/

and for ten points, can the sharp eyed tell me whats wrong with the super exceeds in this section? http://www.southerncounties4x4center.com/carsection.asp?sectionID=1

now gone Sad

Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your trobles with the dealer Evil or Very Mad

I live about 7 miles away from this dealer, never looked at his motors tho'

Have you been round to see if his still there Question

A workmate of mine was going to buy a Surf from them, but the collection date kept moving so he went elsewhere......prob' lucky he did by the sounds of it Rolling Eyes

2 out of the 3 are Exceeds not Super Exceeds as advertised.......

Optional playstation :? Whats all that about :?
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
0sb0rne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in a new warehouse now... went down there last week... apparently from people i know, there are doubts about how long they'll be around in future, but looking at the quality of their Delica's I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole... and they were i thought very expensive...

Andy
petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairyben, would that be the Super Exceeds with the standard air con and the white bars?
Nice ICE install on yours - it can be done properly provided a stereo suitable for behind dash mounting is used along with a suitable double DIN to single DIN adaptor
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had my single DIN unit in I used the bracket that was on the old double DIN radio to hold the pocket and radio together. (This idea worked longer than the new radio did Evil or Very Mad)
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
hairyben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna fit a carputer with (hopefully) a 7" touchscreen behind the dash in that hole. sometime. which is why the superglue residue is so annoying. I think you can get special stuff to remove it tho.

As for the price, it wouldn't have been too bad with the trade in, had I had dealer backup and not "sold as seen" service. still, you live an' learn.

hmm, might paste this on the paj site.

now gone Sad

Jellytott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:50    Post subject: SC 4x4 Reply with quote

I've pm you Hairy

Any other members got any comments on S.Count 4x4,
hairyben

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 17:27    Post subject: Re: SC 4x4 Reply with quote

Jellytott wrote:
I've pm you Hairy

Any other members got any comments on S.Count 4x4,

havn't recieved anything!

now gone Sad

Jellytott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try again
hairyben

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellytott wrote:
I'll try again

still nowt!

now gone Sad

Jellytott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellytot go to your sent box and check how full it is ,if its 100% then delete the contents of it and also your inbox unless theres any u need to keep thats more than likely y there not going (check in your outbox if there still there then ile bet the sent box is full) hope that solves it atb

Marc 8)

Jellytott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 23:27    Post subject: unable to pm to hairy !! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, all me boxes are at 25%, for some reason it just goes into the world wide web .......

I say it in the open what I,ve tried pm'ing hairy about

Quote:
He's got a 97 in, but in a dilemma :?

He told me the Deli'97 was a px on a Paj. The Delica was too tall to drop diving tanks on the Quay, the problem was the Delica was over height to go under the barrier.....well thats what he told me,, so hence the px on the ~Paj

John

hairyben

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

recieved and replied to, and in case there was any doubt, I do not endorse auther da- sorry, southern counties 4x4.

now gone Sad

reevesy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:41    Post subject: southern counties 4x4 Reply with quote

I bought my Delica from them about four months ago, i had a problem with the central locking and they fixed it under warranty while i waited. I paid a fair price for mine considering it is in excellent condition, although i did feel uneasy until i recieved my registration docs as they do come across as a bit dodgy. Steve the mechanic was very helpful as was the girl in the office. I probably wouldn't buy from them again as the other delicas they showed me looked awful and i feel i was fortunate to get the one i did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: