4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Air Filter, (2.8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:33    Post subject: L400 Air Filter, (2.8) Reply with quote

Many thanks to Mitmad for this very cheap alternative. :D

Partco filter ref COOAG926, £12.67 inc. vat.

You do have to remove the top and bottom plates from the old stock filter and sandwich the new filter between them.

"Dismantling" the old one to get the top and bottom plates was more of a job than I expected. I was trying to carefully ease them away from the main body but then thought, "hey, get into destruction mode Twisted Evil ".

Set about it with a big hammer on the gauze and, hey presto, the seams popped out of their glued joints to the plates.

Tore out the paper element then followed up with a big screwdriver to scrape off the resin bonding.

The new filter plus plates was back in the Deli in one hour. Smile
Worth the effort and next change I'll only need to pop the lid on the filter box as normal.

I'm hoping this'll improve my mpg cos the old filter was well clogged up. Embarassed

Thanks again, Mitmad,

Derek
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mod derek :D

I take it that the small gauze surround stays? or does that get binned?also i hope that all traces of glue debris etc had gone else that could make for an expensive airfilter Shocked think ile pay the extra £11.00 for a direct replacement and hold out for the re-usable filters to go in there,as i say tho nice cheap mod, nice one matey, :D

Marc 8)

Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

methinks derek used to watch blue peter ;)
Derek
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,

everything from the old filter gets binned other than the top and bottom plates.
The new filter is a rigid paper type with solid rubber top and bottom.
It simply sits inside the bottom plate of the old one with top plate from the old one put on like a hat Smile to keep it in place and aligned when you pop the filter box lid back on.

Astra, Blue Peter, ah, fond memories Smile
It was probably that programme and helping my dad maintain his cars that turned me into a DIY fanatic Laughing

I've built most of our furniture, not simply flat packs but from my own designs and raw materials.

Central heating, plumbing, electrical, minor vehicle maintenance, all diy.
Very satisfying and cheap :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: