Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

2.5 fuel pump overhaul

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a whole lotta oil matey, looks more like seal gone in the turbo to me but i could be wrong. bet it smokes a bit? Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 21:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

HSTDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

wemfish wrote:
click on my www to see some pictures of the turbo.

Stuart, I've only just got in, too dark to examine pipework now, but a quick look at the pics certainly indicate some sort of turbo oil seal problem. The air intake system should never be that oily and the nature of the oil in the pics leads me to agree with Chiefie.

It would seem the most likely cause is the oil seal at the intake end of the impeller shaft - although I have no idea if the unit is easily repairable or requires replacement. the easiest way to find out, is to enquire if the seals are available from Mitsubishi.

Chris
wemfish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys,

I thought there maybe to much oil but didn't want to touch the turbo without someone who knows what they are talking about saying so as this is only the second diesel I have owned I have little experience. I got hold of a disk today that has the service manuals for most models of Pajero’s including about 20 engine models and the turbo looks quite easy to service as long as the parts are available. I have e-mail'd http://www.milneroffroad.com/ to see if they have the parts or a service kit and await their reply. I will keep all you informed of the progress.

I must also apologise to chiefie for hijacking his topic and turning fuel pump's into turbo's, sorry Smile

Stuart.
wemfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
After one hell of a job to get the turbo off (I think it would be easyer to take the engine out first if I had the equipment) I Just got a quote for the turbo service kit, all the bearings clips and oil seals for £118+VAT from the local parts shop. they phoned arround for me untill they located the parts. Good service! the parts will be here tomorrow.

J Jenkins Spares Tel: 01939 233663
Love Lane, Wem, Shrewsbury, SY4 5QP

(I have no conections with this firm)

Good to find parts close to home when the national companys fail!

Stuart.
wemfish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pulled the turbo apart, there are signs that it has seized slightly, a rough line all round the shaft just inside oil seal at the turbine end. loads of carbon there and not much of the oil seal left. The oil seal at the compressor end is also totally gone. the bushes seam okay but as they should be in the service kit I will of course replace them anyway. . . . Just waiting for the bits to arrive now..

Stuart
HSTDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you've found the problem, nothing worse than being convinced that something is the problem, stripping it and finding nothing wrong.

Chris
wemfish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that it is the only problem!
I have got the bits now so I should be back on the road in the tomorrow. Just have a couple of CV boots to do and it’s off to the local Garage for an MOT next week. Laughing
wemfish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turbo is now rebuilt and back on the engine now, I could tell as I put it together that it was much smother and spun freely. There was thick smoke when I turned the engine on but it cleared over the next minuet or so, now no smoke and the power is back as it used to be if not better than before. BUT the engine is still making a lot of noise? Look’s like there is another problem to find. . . .

Stuart
wemfish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 21:21    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

I got it through the MOT with the help of a bottle of injector cleaner and 4/6 of a turn on the fuel pump screw (Opacity 2.67). okay for a couple of weeks until a catastrophic loss of power and a 150-mile piggyback lift home from the AA, the AA man said the timing was out and once home I found the balance belt tensioner in bits and the belt off its sprockets. The camshaft timing was 2 notches out and the fuel pump 4 notches out, I think that the ball bearings that fell out of the tensioner have lifted the cam belt to let it jump. So it looks like the main problem has now shown it’s self!! The cam belt tensioner is also in a poor state and will also be replaced – total cost less that £100 Yippee!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: